Airtable product overview
Airtable is a project management and collaboration tool that provides teams with a centralized platform to manage projects, customers, and ideas. Airtable has a flexible and mobile-friendly system with native smartphone and desktop apps that enable users to organize anything, with anyone, from anywhere. This SaaS platform supports integration with multiple apps such as Dropbox, Slack, and GitHub, allowing users to manage the movement of content between apps simply and safely. It also saves and syncs any changes securely and automatically across all devices.
Airtable combines the versatility of a spreadsheet interface with rich features like file attachments, Kanban card stacks, calendars, and reporting. It incorporates rich text fields, customizable forms, displays, and intelligent content links. With Airtable’s rich text types such as checkboxes, dropdowns, long notes, barcodes, drag and drop file attachments, and document previews, it allows users to organize content conveniently.
Users can configure how content is displayed and how records are arranged with grid, gallery, and calendar view options alongside filtering, sorting, and grouping capabilities. Airtable lets users link related content between tables in order to avoid duplicate data entry. It allows users to tag, message, and share content with collaborators directly.
Airtable empowers users to build the solutions they need to drive innovation and increase agility within their teams. It comes with a clean interface, customizable grid, calendar, form, and stacked card views. This collaboration platform is used by numerous companies for various functions including content pipelines, product management, events planning, and user research.
Pros of Airtable
- Airtable is highly customizable and versatile. The solution allows users to customize spreadsheets and tables in a variety of formats. Users can configure field types, field sizes, and various colors, too.
- This collaboration software has strong collaboration capabilities. It simplifies granting access and sharing various information with other users. Each team member can add, update, and expand on events and content they are working on, and everyone has a view of the team’s goals as a whole.
- Airtable integrates well with a long list of services. It has native integrations with some of the most widely used applications today, such as Slack and Asana.
Cons of Airtable
- While Airtable has similar capabilities as spreadsheets like Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets, it has formatting limitations such as a lack of conditional formatting options.
- The solution has a moderate learning curve for users who are not tech savvy.
Breakdown of core features
Airtable provides a task commenting system for collaboration. It also comes with file sharing capabilities that allows users to upload relevant projects to be shared with others. The solution has team dashboards that are created through spreadsheet categories and are custom built by users.
Airtable offers a mobile version of its software for both iOS and Android users, enabling them to remain in contact with the team and coordinate project tasks on the go.
Airtable’s task scheduler and prioritization feature gives users the ability to choose between task lists, Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and its own unique gallery task management view. The collaboration platform also has a shared team calendar as an additional form of task management for project managers and team members to view and edit.
To ensure efficiency in managing projects, users can track the time and manpower of the team using Airtable’s customizable and programmable spreadsheets. Save time in project and task management by automating repetitive tasks so teams can focus on more dynamic and demanding assignments.
Each task in Airtable allows users to store all kinds of project materials including documents, PDFs, additional spreadsheets, images, and videos.
(Last updated on 02/02/2022 by Liz Laurente-Ticong)