Effective Date: March 1, 2014 (Updated November 1st, 2021)
Personal Information Defined
Personal Information TechnologyAdvice Collects
TechnologyAdvice collects Personal Information upon Your consent. This information might be used to send you product recommendations, articles via a newsletter, or more information about a particular technology vendor, depending on the form you fill out and the consent you provide at the time you fill out that form.
Product Recommendations: TechnologyAdvice collects Personal Information from You in order to connect You with sellers of technology (“Services”) that You are searching for. When You give TechnologyAdvice access to Personal Information for this purpose, You consent to receive product recommendations and technology buying advice from TechnologyAdvice via email or phone call, and with your consent the Website may pass your data along to technology vendors who meet your requirements.
Email Newsletters: TechnologyAdvice collects email addresses to provide readers of our blogs with updates via email newsletters. These email newsletters contain links to blog posts, product recommendations, and links to research white papers that match your technology or industry interests.
Get Pricing: Should You request pricing details for a particular technology listed on the site, TechnologyAdvice will collect Personal Information such as:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Company demographics
When You consent to receive pricing details for a technology, TechnologyAdvice will contact you with those pricing details. With your consent, the Website may pass your data along to technology vendors who meet your requirements.
Product Reviews: TechnologyAdvice uses your personal information to verify Your identity and to ensure you are not a current or previous employee of the technology company or their direct competitors.
TechnologyAdvice collects the following Personal Information that You submit voluntarily. You may provide TechnologyAdvice with additional information about You as You use the Services such as:
- physical addresses
- telephone numbers
- information regarding Your business (e.g., business name, revenue thresholds, etc.)
- information regarding Your business needs and technology requirements
- other personally identifiable information You affirmatively provide to us such as LinkedIn profile information
When You contribute posts and reviews, participate in TechnologyAdvice surveys (either directly, or through third party service providers), or provide any other Content to the Services through other means, TechnologyAdvice will collect all the information You provide. In connection with reviews, posts, and surveys, TechnologyAdvice (and/or its third party service providers) may collect a wide variety of product- and vendor-related information.
Please be aware that while some pieces of information that You provide to TechnologyAdvice would not be sufficient to identify You when seen by another User without any context, the combination of different pieces of information that You have provided for viewing by other Users, or any contextual information, may allow other Users and TechnologyAdvice to identify You.
When You contact TechnologyAdvice by sending TechnologyAdvice an e-mail or when You use any of our contact forms, TechnologyAdvice will collect any information that is contained in (and/or attached to) Your e-mail, text message, or that You enter into such forms.
TechnologyAdvice does not collect, process or control any sensitive personal information such as Physical or Mental Health, Political Beliefs or Genetics, etc.
Legal Grounds for Processing Information under GDPR
For our direct marketing activities, we employ Legitimate Interest as legal grounds for processing data.
Browsing the Website
If You browse through the Website without entering any Personal Information, TechnologyAdvice will automatically gather and store certain information about Your visit. This information does not identify You personally and cannot be linked back to You unless You decide at some point to identify Yourself. If You are only browsing, TechnologyAdvice may collect the following information (whenever possible): IP address, domain name, the type of browser and operating system used to access the Website, the date and time You access the Website, the pages You visit (click-through), and if You linked to the Website from another website, the address of that website as well as additional information related to Your visit. TechnologyAdvice uses Your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Website.
TechnologyAdvice does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information by anyone under the age of 18. Do not fill out any forms on the site if You are under the age of 18 and do not provide TechnologyAdvice with any information regarding any individual under the age of 18.
Use of Personal Information
Personal Information You submit to TechnologyAdvice, or to third parties that support us in collecting information, is used by us to provide You and other Users with the Services, to respond to requests that You make, to improve our Services, and to operate, maintain, and improve the features, functionality, performance, and support of the Services.
TechnologyAdvice uses the Personal Information that it gathers about You for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to You, to communicate with You about Your use of the Services, to respond to Your inquiries, to fulfill Your orders, and for other customer service purposes, which may include communicating with You via email
- To tailor the content and information that TechnologyAdvice may send or display to You, personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize Your experiences while using the Website or the Services
- For customer loyalty programs
- To share with website affiliates, and/or vendors of products You have given us consent to contact You regarding products or services as a means of establishing communication between both You and such vendors or affiliates.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, TechnologyAdvice may use information You provide to contact You in the manner(s) You request at the time that data is collected. TechnologyAdvice may collect your email address to send You news and newsletters, special offers and promotions, or to otherwise contact You about products or information You expressed interest in. TechnologyAdvice also may use the information that TechnologyAdvice learns about You to assist us in advertising our Services on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use the Website and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve the Website and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
One of the purposes of the Services is for Users to share product- and vendor-related information with other Users. Therefore, You should assume that any information (including any Personal Information You may choose to provide, but excluding Your registration information) that You post will be made available to other Users of the Services. TechnologyAdvice may provide You the ability to anonymously post certain comments, in which case TechnologyAdvice will not include Your contact information (i.e., name, username, email address, or postal address) on the Website in connection with such comments. However, You should know that TechnologyAdvice's internal records may associate Your contact information with such comments.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Unused data and data that falls outside of categories we deem commercially viable will be deleted. To ensure the accuracy of our recommendations and the privacy of Personal Information, TechnologyAdvice analyzes all records annually and deletes any that have gone untouched, unprocessed, and unreferenced in a timespan of 5 years. Data that has been requested to be forgotten will be deleted promptly.
Legal Obligation to Disclose
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)TechnologyAdvice adheres to rights of data subjects set out by the GDPR standards. Under these standards individual citizens of the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) have the right to:
- Be forgotten. At any time you may contact TechnologyAdvice’s Data Protection Officer and request that your data be fully removed from all of our databases.
- Update or change your Personal Information
- Transfer your Personal Information to another data processor or controller
- Object to the processing of your personal information
CCPA(California Consumer Privacy Act)Through our site and partners, we receive data that you actively submit, as well as data that we track when you request information, or otherwise actively send us data. We usually collect data such as your name, email address, business address, telephone number, and other information related to the business you represent.
TechnologyAdvice adheres to rights of data subjects set out by CCPA. Residents of California upon verification have the right to
- The right to know which personal information is being collected
- The right to know if personal data is being sold or shared, and to whom
- The right to object to the sale of personal data
- The right to access one's own personal information
- The right to equal service and price, even for consumers who exercise their privacy rights
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Calling 615-285-4849 x 113
Email us at email@example.com
Or Mail us at
3343 Perimeter Hill Dr
Nashville, TN 37211
Alternatively you can opt out of sale - Here
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
TechnologyAdvice works hard to protect Information You provide from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Other Information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology. TechnologyAdvice has deployed all of these requirements in our systems and processes both internally as well as with upstream data providers to ensure the security of Personal Information:
- Hardware-level and/or software-level encryption
- Data minimization
- Data pseudonymization
- Data encryption at rest
- Data encryption in transit
On occasion TechnologyAdvice will make available to potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners aggregated results from research it has conducted regarding visitors to the Website. TechnologyAdvice may count, track, and aggregate visitor activity into our analysis of general traffic flows to the Website and may merge this information into group data, which may then be shared on an aggregated basis with potential advertisers, research firms, and business partners. In such case, TechnologyAdvice will only provide demographic information on an aggregated basis and does not disclose individual reader information.
Links to Other Web Sites
- DISCLOSURE: TechnologyAdvice may have affiliate marketing agreements set up with a portion of the products mentioned in blog posts or other pages on the site. If a user clicks through to a product from this Website and makes a purchase, TechnologyAdvice may be entitled to a portion of the revenue generated from this purchase.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
Contacting the TechnologyAdvice Data Protection Team