- categoryHuman Resources Software
Companies adapt HR software products for their employee benefits, payroll, and records. Times have changed, and now they use it to manage time-off requests, payroll, benefits management, talent management, and recruitment. With HR software products, businesses can save time due to automation and focus their attention on other business matters that need immediate response.
Let’s look at two popular HR software options: PeopleSoft vs. BambooHR. We’ll consider their features, integrations, and prices to help you come up with a sound choice for your business’s HCM needs. You can use our free and easy-to-use Product Selection Tool to get more options. Our Technology Advisors will provide you with 5 recommendations tailored to your needs.
PeopleSoft vs. BambooHR: An overview
PeopleSoft is a product of Oracle, a global leader in business software and database solutions with 100,000 customers from 145 countries. The software is designed for medium to large-sized businesses and includes various modules such as Global Core Human Capital Management, workforce management, talent management, workforce service delivery, and labor rules and monitoring. It provides strategic HR features, which can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud.
BambooHR allows small to medium-sized businesses to secure data in one easy-to-use platform. It has applicant tracking, onboarding, and compensation capabilities. Its HR process automation tools can be accessed in multiple currencies and languages. BambooHR provides multiple administrator seats, maintains inactive employees, and has user support and customization services. Users can make and access reports based on analytics that improve organizations and yield better HR results.
PeopleSoft vs. BambooHR: A comparison of features
PeopleSoft has the following key applications in its HCM module:
- Global Core HCM: PeopleSoft provides companies with company directory, real-time analytical tools, self-service functionality, and multinational support for organizations with branches worldwide. Users can access benefits and pension administration tools and use the payroll interface that integrates with third-party payroll systems.
- Workforce management: This software enables companies to maintain workforce and manage labor costs. It allows users to manage absences even from Outlook, clock in and out from the software, and use travel and expense and resource management.
- In-memory labor rules and monitoring: PeopleSoft helps the global workforce make sound labor decisions using real-time analytical tools. It allows users to deploy time and labor policies for their employees’ compliance.
- Workforce service delivery: Users can take advantage of a dedicated self-service and collaboration tool that makes common HR tasks easier. PeopleSoft has an HR help desk, directory interface for server integrations, ePay for viewing payroll information, eBenefits for viewing benefit programs, eProfile for updating personal information, and eProfile Manager Desktop for manager approvals.
- Talent management: PeopleSoft has functionality that ranges from recruiting to succession planning.
BambooHR has its own features:
- HRIS: BambooHR’s information system helps businesses simplify procedures and streamline processes. It allows users to access current data from HRIS without worrying about old or inaccurate data. It comes with Manager View, customizations, and Employee Self-Service.
- Applicant tracking: Users have the advantage of finding the right candidates with BambooHR’s applicant tracking capability. It keeps companies organized throughout the hiring process to hire the best candidates for the job.
- Performance management: BambooHR provides businesses with detailed reports on employee satisfaction and how workplace culture can be improved through its employee Net Promoter Score (eNPS). These are surveys that keep sources anonymous, giving employees more freedom to give honest feedback.
- Onboarding: BambooHR makes employee onboarding less of a hassle. It helps users focus on outlining expectations, building connections, introducing company culture, and getting new hires familiar with their roles. The software automates manual tasks and allows users to focus on making first days more exciting for new hires.
PeopleSoft vs. BambooHR: A comparison of prices
PeopleSoft has different licensing prices for its modules that are charged on a per-user basis, although there is no minimum number of users for every license. However, these prices do not include system upgrades. Interested parties are encouraged to contact the vendor directly to request a quote.
BambooHR has a two-tier pricing model: Essentials and Advantage. Essentials includes HR management, employee self-service, email support, and a customer success webinar library. Both models are charged on a per-user-per-month basis. Advantage comes with applicant tracking system, training tracking, onboarding and offboarding, workflows and approvals, custom tabs, company branding, and audit trail. Additional performance management and time-tracking modules are available at a separate cost.
Read also: Workday vs. SAP SuccessFactors
PeopleSoft vs. BambooHR: A comparison of integrations
PeopleSoft easily integrates with apps that are integrated with Oracle such as Oracle E-Business Suite, Siebel CRM, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Office.
BambooHR integrates seamlessly with Checkr, Human Interest, LinkedIn Talent Hub, Pingboard, TRAXPayroll, Glassdoor, and GoodHire.
Make a wise choice
As human resources support organizations, HR software solutions should make their tasks easier. Business owners should consider software products that automate manual tasks to save time and focus on issues that require immediate attention. The ideal software should allow users to migrate their old data into their new HR software without difficulty.
If you need more options, use our free Product Selection Tool to get a list of recommended vendors that meet your requirements.