Gone are the days when businesses manually nurtured and maintained customer relationships. Now, we have customer relationship management (CRM) software solutions to do the work for us. It has made automation the norm and helped organizations gain productivity and efficiency using one platform for all tasks. These software systems have pipeline management, contact records, email tracking, sales activity, and lead scoring and management features.
Users can take advantage of additional functionalities such as document and contract management, invoicing and billing, sales goal planning and tracking, nurture campaign mapping, analytics, and sales performance and activity monitoring. With a CRM software solution, teams can better personalize marketing outreach for targeting audiences and mining data for finding an accurate customer persona.
We evaluate two popular customer relationship management software solutions: Freshsales vs. Insightly. We’ll help you choose the more suitable product for your business by comparing their integrations, features, and pricing models. Use our free Product Selection Tool to receive five recommendations of products from our Technology Advisors. It’s easy to use and takes only five minutes.
Freshsales vs. Insightly: An overview
Freshsales is designed to help businesses of all sizes manage and nurture existing and potential customers. It’s beneficial for different industries such as ecommerce, manufacturing, retail, hospitality, real estate, and insurance logistics. Freshsales offers one-click phone, event tracking, sales management, and sales lead tracking features. Users can send personalized bulk emails and monitor activities on emails. Though a cloud-based product, it has mobile integrations for on-the-go account management.
Insightly is a cloud-based CRM software solution designed for small to mid-sized businesses for increasing customer loyalty through sales and marketing features. Users can discover, nurture, and convert new leads into deals and create loyal customers. Its capabilities include analytics dashboards, a mobile app, no-code application development, role permissions, interaction documentation, email, workflow automation, and lead routing. Insightly comes with a mobile CRM app with business card scanning and audio notes.
Freshsales vs. Insightly: A comparison of features
Freshsales delivers automation and ease of work through its features:
- Email tracking: Freshsales can send scheduled, personalized bulk emails that can be monitored by syncing with company calendars. Users see who is interacting with their emails for prioritizing and nurturing potential customers.
- Customization: Users can personalize the product to suit specific business needs by using multi-currency and multi-language, creating custom fields, renaming core modules based on nomenclature, and formulating unlimited custom sales activities. They have control over the system by managing access and permissions based on roles.
- Customer support: Freshsales offers expert articles on importing and exporting data from the system. Customer support is available 24/7 through phone, email, or chat.
- Freshchat: With Freshchat, users can chat with customers and convert visitors into leads within the software. The software integrates with numerous SMS service providers to send personalized SMS to leads and customers.
- Freshcaller: Use Freshcaller to make direct calls within the system without installing hardware or software. It can auto-log, record, and transfer calls with one click.
Insightly keeps teams and businesses competitive with its features:
- Free mobile app: Insightly allows for on-the-go use. Users can add new records, search contacts, review pending tasks, filter pending opportunities, and add updates and notes from any device.
- Start dates on tasks: Users can specify both project due and start dates to help teams set realistic expectations. By accepting a task, the assignee confirms that the timeline is achievable.
- Audio notes: Insightly offers audio notes to ensure meeting notes are captured accurately. Users can record up to an hour of content per audio file.
- Task following: Users can follow task progress by clicking the star icon in every task to get updates, tags, and comments and add files.
- Email sending and tracking: Create and send bulk emails from within the software with ease. Users can track email delivery to customers in real time and monitor statistics on all email templates.
- Workflow automation: Users can create multi-step business processes thanks to workflow automation. Insightly creates and updates records, sends email alerts, and generates tasks when opportunities are won.
Freshsales vs. Insightly: A comparison of prices
Freshsales offers a 4-tiered pricing plan: Blossom, Garden, Estate, and Forest. The Blossom Plan is suitable for small and starting teams and offers lead scoring, visual sales pipelines, and direct calling. The Garden Plan supports larger teams with additional features such as API access, smart matches, workflow automation, and territories and lead management. The Estate Plan has sales goals, advanced reports, report dashboards, and multi-currency, while the Forest Plan supports enterprise companies with audit logs, EEA data center, and a dedicated account manager.
Its free version, Sprout, is useful to individuals and starting companies. It offers unlimited contacts and users and 24/5 email, chat, and phone support.
Insightly has a 3-tiered pricing plan: Plus for starting and small businesses, Professional for mid-sized businesses, and Enterprise for large companies. All plans are charged on a per user, per month basis and billed annually. Interested users can contact the vendor directly for detailed pricing information and a free trial.
Freshsales vs. Insightly: A comparison of integrations
Freshsales can be used along with other apps:
- Google Calendar
Insightly offers seamless integrations with:
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft 365
Get the best features for your business
Freshsales and Insightly both offer similar integrations for smoother workflows. They support all business sizes and help automate tasks. However, their differences should be considered when choosing your customer relationship management software product.
Freshsales leads with direct calling and chat features. It saves time switching between apps, especially for starting businesses. It helps users stay organized and efficient. Its multi-tiered pricing plan and free version allow businesses to get the features they need for the right price. This is better than Insightly’s 3-tiered pricing model and free trial.
Insightly’s audio notes feature is beneficial to all business sizes for making sure all meeting notes are captured. It significantly reduces time spent on manually recording minutes and allows for sharing and storing audio files.
Need more options? Use our Product Selection Tool for more CRM software solutions!