- categoryProject Management
Communication and cooperation are key to every successful enterprise. Today, hundreds of tools bridge the gap between employees and their companies. These tools will allow you to manage projects remotely and coordinate with your employees online.
If you’re looking for a collaboration software for your business, then Trello or Basecamp might be what you’re looking for. For more project management software options, use our PM Software Selection Tool to get a list of recommended vendors that meet your requirements.
Trello vs. Basecamp: An Overview
Trello is a simple collaboration tool that allows you to track the working progress of all your employees in one software. This software uses cards, lists, and Kanban boards to track every task of your project. Trello is a great tool to organize, plan, and share information with all of your team, as it makes your projects easier to track and manage.
Basecamp is an online project management software that enables you to organize teams, delegate tasks, and monitor progress all in one interface. This software helps you efficiently monitor your projects and get things done on time. Basecamp commands an intuitive and user-friendly program that anyone without any project management experience can use.
Read also: Wrike vs. Basecamp: A Project Management Software Comparison
Pros and cons
Trello and Basecamp can both bring organization to your business depending on how you use the tools. However, not every element they bring will have a positive impact on your work. To give you an idea of what these changes are, here are the pros and cons of Trello vs. Basecamp.
- It allows you to see tasks that are in progress, stalled, or canceled in real-time.
- It has a free version for small teams with multi-functional roles.
- It is intuitive and easy to use for first time users.
- The tool lacks templates, designs, and useful plugins that would make it easier to customize.
- The free version does not allow you to export all your boards into a spreadsheet format.
- The core features are limited compared to other top project management tools.
- It allows you to easily share information and documents as well as track your projects in efficient and reliable ways.
- It gives you the opportunity to manage multiple projects and team members at the same time.
- It provides you with a platform for communication and collaboration with clients and other team members.
- The lack of tagging or labels in projects can be a problem when multiple projects are involved.
- There are no categories or threads in the conversation feature. Finding specific things that were discussed in the past becomes difficult.
- There is a little bit of a learning curve when it comes to creating designs and templates.
Pricing in Trello vs. Basecamp
Trello comes in three different packages: Free, Business Class, and Enterprise. Each package comes with different features, and depending on the kind of business that you have, it should correspond to the kind of product you’ll choose.
On the other hand, Basecamp offers two options: a free trial and a flat fee for the premium software. The free trial allows you to explore their product and help you decide whether their product will be the best fit for your business. Regardless of how many users or projects you have, the flat fee doesn’t change.
Similar features in Trello vs. Basecamp
These features of both Trello and Basecamp are designed to improve your business performance and organize your projects.
The Trello project management feature aims to simplify collaboration by allowing managers and team members to schedule tasks. Kanban board cards can contain individual tasks or cards, and users can organize all their cards in lists or calendars. Trello also automatically alerts notify team members when due dates are approaching.
Basecamp’s project management feature focuses on the organization of tasks. The software arranges all of the tasks in a to-do list with due date ranges. What makes Basecamp different is that you get to prioritize and reorder tasks assigned to employees to avoid confusion.
Trello’s task management feature allows you to track your entire work progress from start to finish. The software lets you manage multiple projects simultaneously through visual cards, and it allows you to see who’s working on what as well as what the statuses of tasks and projects are. With Trello, you can spot bottlenecks before they cause problems.
On the other hand, Basecamp allows you to track the amount of time each project contributor spends on their assigned tasks. This helps you measure the productivity of each member of your team and alert them of their completion time. Visibility features like this help reduce bottlenecks on projects with dependent tasks.
Trello or Basecamp?
If you’re looking for a project management tool that enables you to track the amount of time each project contributor spends on their assigned tasks, then we suggest you try Basecamp. With Basecamp’s task management feature, you can measure the productivity of each member of your team and alert them of their completion time.
Meanwhile, if you’re looking for a project management tool that focuses on allowing managers and team members to schedule tasks, then we suggest you buy Trello. Trello’s project management feature allows you to schedule tasks and notify team members when due dates are approaching.
For more project management software options, make sure to check out our website. Use our Project Management Software Selection Tool to get a shortlist of recommendations based on your feature requirements.