- categoryProject Management
Function Fox and ProjectManager are two of the most robust project management tools in the market today. These PM software options can help you plan, organize, and track changes and demands of your company’s projects. Function Fox and ProjectManager offer a variety of solutions to these problems.
To speed up your research into the best PM software, check out our Product Selection Tool. We’ll send you a free list of recommendations that meet your needs.
Function Fox vs. ProjectManager: Software overview
Function Fox is a simple project management software that offers a reliable solution for automating your tasks. This tool is designed to help you keep track of your entire project lifecycle from conception to delivery with the help of its time tracking, invoicing, and budget tracking features. With Function Fox, you can optimize your project management skills by taking advantage of its robust features.
ProjectManager is a cloud-based project management software that can monitor the progress of all projects from a single dashboard. You easily create new projects, plan a project’s estimated budget, and outline your tasks with its unique scheduling features. With ProjectManager, you can manage and track down all of your active projects to the last detail.
Pros and cons for Function Fox vs. ProjectManager
Function Fox and ProjectManager each have their own set of features that make them unique. While the main function of these PM tools is to help you manage your projects and track the productivity and efficiency of your work, they each have other benefits that might help your business.
- Function Fox will help you keep your projects on track, on time, and within the budget by allowing you to customize your dashboard.
- It helps you stay on top of your entire project lifecycle with its real time notifications and workflow management feature.
- It allows its users to monitor the time an employee spends on a project and record each action the employee makes.
- To access the productivity reports on your team, you’ll need extra permissions to be granted access to it.
- It has no option to make changes to employee files in the archived database.
- ProjectManager allows you to monitor different projects at the same time and all in one place using its dashboard.
- The dashboard layout can be changed according to the needs of each user and allows for multiple dashboard configurations.
- It allows you to monitor the status of each project and how much time your team is spending on it using charts that give out reliable results.
- Editing multiple word documents, excel, or PDF files on the app can cause it to slow down significantly.
- Notifications and alerts can be overwhelming for new users and for small businesses that have no dedicated project manager.
Similar features of Function Fox vs. ProjectManager
Function Fox and ProjectManager might be different PM tools but there are still some similarities in their features. They both have tools, such as project time tracking and customizable reporting features, that make work faster and more comfortable for your teams.
Function Fox’s assignment management feature allows you to assign different projects to different teams and monitor all of their activities on your dashboard. This feature allows you to track and supervise different projects simultaneously to help you make the necessary changes accordingly. With Function Fox’s assignment management feature, you can significantly improve the way you manage your projects by overseeing all of its progress.
ProjectManager’s assignment management feature allows you to adjust due dates with easy drag and drop scheduling. This feature also allows its users to adjust the due date of pending projects to quickly align with your schedules so that your business will never lose track of deadlines.
Time and expense tracking
Function Fox’s time and expense tracking feature allows users to estimate and track the budget of every project. This feature optimizes how contractors and managers take control of your projects to help your business plan your budget and ensure that spending is kept within the bounds of your finances. With Function Fox’s time and expense tracking feature, your business’s production schedules and efforts are aligned with the project goals.
ProjectManager’s time and expense tracking feature allow you to share and discuss online the time needed to finish each project and the required budget needed. This feature allows for faster communication with your various teams assigned to do a certain task or project. With ProjectManager’s time and expense tracking feature, you can keep your teams informed every step of the way on the progression of your tasks, projects, and budget.
Which project management tool is best suited for your business?
If you’re still stuck on which PM tool you should choose, don’t worry because we’re here to help.
If you’re looking for a PM tool that allows you to assign different projects to different teams and monitor all of their activities on your dashboard then we suggest you choose Function Fox. With Function Fox’s assignment management feature, you can track and supervise different projects simultaneously and make the necessary changes accordingly.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a PM software that lets you share and discuss the time needed to finish each project and the required budget needed online then we suggest you try ProjectManager. With ProjectManager’s time and expense tracking feature, you can keep your teams informed every step of the way on how your tasks, projects, and budget are progressing.
We can help you speed up your research process with our Product Selection Tool. Enter your company’s PM requirements, and we’ll provide you with a free list of five vendors that meet your needs.