- categoryHuman Resources Software
Human resources (HR) is the force behind business processes and task completion. Assisted by machines, tools, and solutions, a workforce ensures a steady flow of transactions and smooth delivery of goods and services. Among these solutions is Human Capital Management (HCM) systems. It started with features for payroll, benefits, and employee records but has expanded to meet automation and cloud technology demand. Businesses can handle attendance, time-off requests, and benefit management.
With an HR software product, personnel can focus on attendance, company culture and branding, employee performance, recruiting, and talent management. Human resource management tools significantly reduce human errors and save time and costs.
We evaluate two popular HR software solutions: SAP SuccessFactors vs. Taleo. We’ll consider their integrations, pricing models, and features to help you choose the more suitable product for your business. Our Product Selection Tool offers you five recommendations of systems from our Technology Advisors. Take advantage of this simple and free tool.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Taleo: An overview
SAP SuccessFactors is a leader in cloud-based human capital and talent management. It is broken down into modules for recruiting, learning and development, and performance and compensation management. It tracks recruitment strategies to assess resources that bring in the most talented applicants. Use SAP SuccessFactors to on-board new hires and collaborate on recruitment using social business tools. The software helps businesses formulate better training strategies, increase efficiency by workforce monitoring, and run reports for business insights.
Taleo is a cloud-hosted service from Oracle designed for small and mid-sized businesses to hire competent talent and create an environment that stimulates productivity. Users can access employee information with ease and turn operations into processes through modules. Taleo has tools to find and hire the best candidates that can be configured to suit company recruiting processes. It can execute email campaigns to attract qualified applicants with ease by automating job listings, interviews, and feedback procedures.
Read also: Workday vs. SAP SuccessFactors
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Taleo: A comparison of features:
SAP SuccessFactors promotes smoother workflows through its features:
- Employee benefits management: SAP SuccessFactors uses one platform where benefits and master data are stored for increased productivity, accuracy, and overall efficiency. Users can streamline the way they manage employee benefits through a special benefits enrollment window based on life or work events.
- Profiles and employee self-service: Users can keep track and manage all employee information in accordance with specific requirements set by the business’s operating country. Employees can see HR data to avoid confusion and vague information and ensure accuracy across all data.
- Time and attendance: HR personnel can track time and attendance, compute employees’ actual time and pay, and manage absences with ease.
- Organizational structures: SAP SuccessFactors helps businesses use embedded analytics for learning, succession, recruitment, and workforce planning. Use the software to design and maintain organizational structures that represent business needs.
- Core HR: Benefit from intrinsic human resource functionalities such as expense reporting and reimbursement tracking, compliance, and salary structures.
Taleo comes with features for streamlined processes:
- Performance management: Taleo helps check employees’ strengths and weaknesses by giving users feedback from various sources such as formal and informal reviews.
- Recruiting: Use Taleo’s built-in tools for recruitment designed to help in interviewing, screening, and creating job offers. The system offers data metrics that recruiters can use to hire the best candidates for the position.
- Learning and development: Taleo helps management create training curriculum for employees designed for skills development, mentorship programs, and certificates.
- Employee lifecycle management: Build talent profiles of current employees for future career planning and succession plan management.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Taleo: A comparison of prices
SAP SuccessFactors provides limited pricing information to the public, but information on subscription-based plans is available upon request. The most basic plan can be used by up to 100 employees. A free trial is available to those who want to test the software without requiring a credit card. Contact the vendor directly to receive a quote.
Taleo does not publicly provide pricing information either but accepts quote requests to ensure clients get the features they need for the right price. It offers free training to subscribers through live online sessions, documentation, and webinars. Contact the vendor directly for more detailed pricing and product information.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Taleo: A comparison of integrations
SAP SuccessFactors makes HR processes easier by seamlessly integrating with other apps such as:
- Cisco WebEx
- Saba Learning
- iSpring Learn
Taleo integrates with other software and apps such as:
Set up your business for success with the right HR software
Both SAP SuccessFactors and Taleo offer great features for HR management. They integrate with other apps for smooth workflows and offer employee management capabilities. Users can rely on updated files and information thanks to cloud technology and mobile functionalities. However, it is important to consider their differences when choosing your business’s software product.
SAP SuccessFactors allows employees to see their profile and information through self-service features. It is beneficial to companies with a large number of employees as it frees up time for HR personnel to focus on other tasks. The software helps users make accurate computations of actual time and pay to prevent wastage of company funds and help starting businesses maximize resources.
Taleo’s advantage is in performance management, which helps employees gauge their performance and find ways to improve. With mentorship programs and skill training, small and mid-sized businesses can help employees reach their full potential to help the business grow.
Still looking for more software options? Check out our Product Selection Tool.