- categoryHuman Resources Software
It’s important for businesses to hire and keep the best talent for a smooth flow of business. Human resources (HR) is regarded as the backbone of organizations because they ensure delivery of goods and services. Thanks to Human Capital Management (HCM), HR personnel have access to workforce management solutions and automation. Tasks are easier and human error is minimized across all processes.
With HCM software, businesses can do payroll, employee records, talent recruiting, benefits, branding cultivation, and time-off request functions with ease.
We compare two popular Human Capital Management solutions: SAP SuccessFactors vs. Newton HR. We’ll consider their features, pricing models, and integrations to help you choose the more suitable product for your business. Receive five recommendations from our Technology Advisors when you use our freeProduct Selection Tool. It’s simple and doesn’t take more than five minutes.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Newton HR: An overview
SAP SuccessFactors provides an integrated suite of features for better workforce management among all business sizes. It is cloud-based and accessible by different industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, and retail. The software comes with core HR functionalities, goal and compensation management, performance review, on-boarding, applicant tracking, and payroll functionalities. SAP SuccessFactors has built-in best practices that comply with legislation and ensure high employment standards.
Newton HR is a web-based and optimized applicant tracking system for small and mid-sized businesses with decades of experience at the front end of hiring and recruiting. It is designed for all platforms with a mobile integration that doesn’t require downloading an app. Newton HR is equipped with features and functionality that streamline recruiting processes. Use the software to stay compliant with recruitment laws and procedures.
Newton HR was recently acquired by Paycor Recruiting to create an all-in-one solution with an intuitive design for customer innovation. It streamlines every aspect of the recruiting process through a simple, modern, and smart solution for recruiting professionals.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Newton HR: A comparison of features
SAP SuccessFactors makes HR processes easier:
- Core HR: The software comes with intrinsic human resource processes to help HR personnel do tasks faster and more accurately. Features include compliance, expense reporting, payroll, and reimbursement tracking.
- Benefit management: A special benefit enrollment window that is based on life or work events can be used for streamlined employee benefit management. Users can check one platform where all benefits and master data are stored for accuracy, accessibility, and confidentiality.
- Organizational structures: Users can design and maintain organizational structures that represent business needs. The software comes with embedded analytics for succession planning, learning, recruiting, and workforce planning.
- Profiles and employee self-service: SAP SuccessFactors reduces time spent by HR personnel on updating employee records. It allows employees to access HR data to ensure accuracy of information. Use the software to adhere to specific requirements set by the business’s operating country.
Newton HR helps businesses run smoothly with its features:
- Newton Interview Scorecards: The software utilizes interview scorecards to improve new hire quality through a collection of qualitative and quantitative feedback from interview teams. The result, ‘batting average’, can be used to assess hiring managers, recruiters, and interviewers.
- Newton Echo: Users can review resumes and make interview feedback with ease. Hiring managers can respond to recruiter requests without logging into the system and reject or accept applicants through email. Users can automatically update statuses and schedule interviews once a candidate has been chosen.
- Streamlined workflow processes: Newton HR uses the code ‘green is go, red is no’ for workflow and approval processes.
- Mobile integration: The software allows for on-the-go use through mobile integrations. The software is responsive and can be accessed from various devices with ease.
- Customized online job applications: Businesses can collect the right information and stay compliant with hiring laws. Candidates can choose between English and Spanish and submit documents from any device with ease.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Newton HR: A comparison of prices
SAP SuccessFactors does not have publicly available pricing information, which is a common practice among software vendors. Interested parties can send quote requests directly to the vendor to ensure they fully understand the features of the product. Its basic plan can be used by up to 100 members, and the product comes with a free trial with no credit card requirements.
Newton HR is a month-to-month service that does not require long-term commitments. Its monthly subscription fee provides unlimited support, users, and features and a number of job posts.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Newton HR: A comparison of integrations
SAP SuccessFactors ensures ease of use with other apps by integrating with:
- Saba Learning
- iSpring Learn
- Cisco WebEx
Newton HR integrates with other apps for smoother HR processes:
- Career Builder
Make the best HCM choice for your business’s success
Both SAP SuccessFactors and Newton HR are great human capital management systems that automate and streamline HR processes. They feature hiring and recruitment capabilities and ensure compliance with hiring laws and procedures. Their pricing models allow users to choose the features they need for business. However, it is important to consider their differences in choosing your business’s HCM software.
SAP SuccessFactors leads in terms of self-service features that let employees access HR data. Small and mid-sized businesses can benefit from this feature because HR personnel can focus on other tasks. It fosters transparency and accuracy of information. Newton’s advantage is the scorecards because it helps businesses of all sizes evaluate recruiters and hiring managers to ensure high-quality recruitment.
Want more options? Use ourProduct Selection Tool for free.