- categoryHuman Resources Software
Human capital management (HCM) helps businesses find and retain the best talent to ensure smooth business processes. Human resource (HR) tasks such as payroll, benefits, employee records, time-off requests, recruitment, and talent management are automated in one platform. These result in reduced human error across all processes and increased productivity among businesses. HCM has various SaaS (Software as a Service) features under its umbrella such as time clock management, employee engagement, recruiting, applicant tracking, and performance and learning management.
We compare two popular human capital management software: SAP SuccessFactors vs. Cornerstone. We’ll consider their integrations, prices, and features to determine the more suitable product for your business. Receive five recommendations when you use our free Product Selection Tool. It’s easy to use and takes only five minutes.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. Cornerstone: An overview
SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud-based workforce management software with an integrated suite of features designed for all business sizes. It is beneficial to organizations across various industries such as retail, manufacturing, and healthcare. Use it for applicant tracking, payroll, onboarding, performance review, goal and learning management, and core HR functions with ease. The software comes with built-in best practices that are compliant with legislation to ensure consistently high employment standards.
Cornerstone is a customizable workforce management platform with a fully-integrated talent management suite for training, recruitment, and human capital management. It centralizes employee data, simplifies administrative processes, and engages employees through self-service. Use the software for performance reviews, compensation and competency management, applicant tracking, and recruiting. Benefit from a library of training courses for browsing and assigning to employees as necessary.
A Comparison of features
SAP SuccessFactors offers a variety of features for increased efficiency and productivity:
- Benefit management: SAP SuccessFactors has one platform with master data for accuracy, confidentiality, and accessibility. HR staff can streamline employee benefit management using the special benefit enrollment window that is based on work or life events.
- Core HR: With the software, core HR tasks can be completed faster and more accurately so users can focus on other important responsibilities. Use it for expense reporting, reimbursement tracking, payroll, and compliance.
- Profiles and employee self-service: Reduce time spent by HR personnel on updating employee records. Employees can access HR data for accuracy of information and transparency. The software helps organizations adhere to specific requirements set by the business’s operating country.
- Organizational structures: Use SAP Successfactors to maintain organizational structures that represent business needs. It provides embedded analytics for learning, workforce and succession planning, and recruiting.
Cornerstone offers these features:
- Core HR: Cornerstone ensures all basic functions of HR are supported and automated for accuracy and to avoid redundancy. Use the software to organize workforce structure, set salary structures, track time and attendance, and manage benefits.
- HR content: The software provides a place for HR professionals to create articles on important company information and processes that are readily available to employees. It comes with tools that make materials easily accessible throughout the organization and manages business documents.
- Management: Users have access to an intranet or web-based self-service portal where employees can submit service requests. A ticketing platform is provided for cross-departmental communication. Cornerstone has mobile integrations that allow for on-the-go use from any device.
- Logistics: Administrators have access to rights and security by providing a self-service portal. Employees can use this to log into the system to access employee and company information.
A comparison of prices
SAP SuccessFactors does not make its pricing information public—a practice common among software vendors. However, they welcome quote requests from interested parties and provide detailed information on features. Users can choose the basic plan that can be used by up to 100 members or try the free trial without a credit card.
Cornerstone’s pricing details are not publicly provided but the vendor welcomes quote requests. It offers a free trial to interested parties without requiring a credit card.
A comparison of integrations
SAP SuccessFactors ensures smooth HR tasks by integrating seamlessly with apps such as:
- Cisco WebEx
- iSpring Learn
- Saba Learning
Cornerstone works smoothly with:
- iSpring Learn
Takeaways: SAP SuccessFactors vs. Cornerstone
Without a doubt, both SAP SuccessFactors and Cornerstone offer great human capital management support for all business sizes. They both offer core HR functions that businesses need and free trials for interested parties. However, it is also important to take note of their differences when choosing your business’s software.
If you’re a starting company, SAP SuccessFactors is a great option because it adheres to specific requirements set by your business’s operating country. The software is also beneficial to enterprise businesses with more than 200 employees because it allows employees to access HR data and ensure information is accurate. It reduces time spent by HR personnel on updating records.
Large businesses can benefit from Cornerstone’s capability of creating HR content. It provides a more formal and meaningful way to communicate information to employees that is accessible anytime.
Looking for more human capital management software? Use our Product Selection Tool.