- categoryHuman Resources Software
Human resources (HR) is the backbone of every organization because it facilitates business transactions and processes for steady operations. Thanks to Human Capital Management (HCM), HR personnel find work easier through automation of employee benefits, compensation, and commission. Business owners can keep track of employee attendance to ensure productivity and configure wise uses of time at work.
Various HCM systems are available that offer workforce management solutions for easier tasks. They help HR managers focus on more pressing work issues. These systems can attend to company culture and branding, attendance, recruiting, employee performance, and talent management functionalities.
We compare two popular HCM software: SAP SuccessFactors vs. ADP Workforce Now. We’ll evaluate their features, integrations, and pricing plans to determine which product is more suitable for your business. Our Product Selection Tool offers five recommendations from our Technology Advisors. It’s easy to use and takes only five minutes.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. ADP Workforce Now: An Overview
SAP SuccessFactors is a business software designed to provide businesses of all sizes with an integrated suite of features for better workforce management. This cloud-based tool comes with core HR, goal and compensation management, performance review, on-boarding, applicant tracking, and payroll functionalities. Users can benefit from the Jam social collaboration tool to create training materials, share content and ideas, record videos, and discuss topics. SAP SuccessFactors can be used in different industries such as retail, manufacturing, and healthcare.
ADP Workforce Now is a cloud-based product designed for automating and streamlining HR processes of mid-sized and large businesses. It comes with tools for managing employee information, hiring top talent, conducting performance appraisals, monitoring benefits, and tracking time and attendance. The software is built on a single database with data synchronization to minimize manual administrative task procedures. It provides users with self-service tools for HR management teams and employees such as the ADP Marketplace and the mobile app.
Read also: Workday vs. SAP SuccessFactors
SAP SuccessFactors vs. ADP Workforce Now: A Comparison of Features
SAP SuccessFactors makes HR processes easier and more convenient through its features:
- Profiles and employee self-service: Employees can see HR data to promote clarity and accuracy of information. Users can access and manage employee information to adhere to specific requirements set by the business’s operating country.
- Benefit management: SAP SuccessFactors provides one location for benefits and master data storage to promote accuracy, productivity, and overall efficiency. Use the software for streamlining employee benefit management through a special benefit enrollment window based on work or life events.
- Core HR: Users can benefit from SAP SuccessFactors’ intrinsic human resource capabilities such as salary structures, compliance, and expense reporting and reimbursement tracking.
- Organizational structures: The software offers embedded analytics for workforce planning, learning, recruitment, and succession. It can be used for designing and maintaining organizational structures that represent business needs.
- Time and attendance: SAP SuccessFactors comes with time and attendance tracking, manages absences with ease, and computes employees’ actual time and pay.
ADP Workforce Now comes with features for smoother HR processes:
- Payroll processing and tax filing: ADP Workforce provides real-time, gross-to-net calculations and filing of state, local, and federal taxes. It comes with a built-in error tool, analytics, automated reporting of new hires, and compliance reports.
- Time tracking and benefit administration: Users can sync calendars with Microsoft Outlook’s calendar through automated time and scheduling solutions and apply the organization’s paid-time-off policies and pay rules. The software has benefit administration solutions with enrollment management and a benefit creation wizard.
- Recruitment and performance management: The product offers recruitment tools like job listings, resume sharing, social media postings, automated reviews, and customer career website access. Its customizable performance management review templates make annual employee assessments easier.
- Employee database and self-service portal: Use the software for storing and managing employee data and tracking company properties using a customized HR record-keeping system. Employees can access and update their personal details, view attendance-related information, and approve time-off requests.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. ADP Workforce Now: A comparison of prices
SAP SuccessFactors does not publicly provide pricing information but welcomes quote and product information requests. Its subscription plans include a basic plan that can be used by up to 100 members. Interested parties can request a free trial without using a credit card. You can contact the vendor directly for more details.
ADP Workforce Now currently has no publicly available pricing information either, which is a common practice among software vendors. This helps ensure users and interested customers get the features they need for the right price. Subscriptions come with live online and in-person training, webinars, and documentation.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. ADP Workforce Now: A comparison of integrations
SAP SuccessFactors’ integrations with other apps make HR processes smoother and easier:
- iSpring Learn
- Saba Learning
- Cisco WebEx
ADP Workforce Now seamlessly integrates with apps such as:
Set up your business for success with the right HCM solution
Both SAP SuccessFactors and ADP Workforce Now help businesses streamline HR workflows through recruitment, payroll processing, time and attendance tracking, and performance management capabilities. They both have self-service features to help reduce HR workload and promote clarity and accuracy of information. However, it is important to consider their differences when choosing your software to ensure your business has all the tools it needs.
SAP SuccessFactors caters to all business sizes, while ADP Workforce Now is suitable for mid-sized to large businesses. The advantage of ADP is in its electronic tax filing feature, which helps large businesses reduce time spent on manual tax filing.
If you need more HCM software options, use our Product Selection Tool.