- categoryHuman Resources Software
Human Capital Management (HCM) continues to evolve to benefit both business owners and job seekers. One of the most important milestones is the development of HCM software solutions that has changed the way organizations handle HR tasks. These solutions have automated benefits, payroll, and employee records. It allows users to request time-off, recruit, manage talents and benefits, and cultivate company culture easily through one platform. Under the HCM software umbrella are different SaaS (Software as a Service) such as applicant tracking, recruiting, employee engagement, performance management, learning management, payroll, and time clock management.
Let’s compare two popular HCM software solutions: PeopleSoft vs. Cornerstone. We’ll consider their features, pricing models, and integrations to enable you to choose the better and more suitable software for your business. Our Product Selection Tool is free and easy-to-use and can give you 5 software recommendations from our Technology Advisors that are tailored to your needs.
PeopleSoft vs. Cornerstone: An overview
PeopleSoft is an HCM software solution that helps organizations perform common HR tasks with ease. It allows users to analyze organizational and employee data to increase operational efficiency and boost employee morale. It can be used across different industries such as service, marketing, and sales. Its automation power reduces work time and allows employees to shift their focus on business matters that require immediate response. Users benefit from PeopleSoft Mobile Approvals, which allows them to approve requests from anywhere.
Cornerstone is a customizable platform that lets organizations have access to a fully-integrated talent management suite for recruiting, training, and managing human capital. It lets users manage the workforce by centralizing employee data, simplifying administrative processes, and letting users engage employees through self-service. Its functions include applicant tracking, recruiting, learning management, onboarding, succession planning, compensation management, competency management, and performance reviews.
PeopleSoft vs. Cornerstone: A comparison of features
PeopleSoft works in modules:
- Global Core HCM: PeopleSoft provides its users with self-service functionality for all its users, a company directory, real-time analytical tools, and support for companies that have locations worldwide. Its payroll interface integrates with third-party payroll systems and provides payroll solutions for North American and global countries. It also comes with benefits and payroll administration functions.
- Workforce management: This software has a mobile capacity for clocking in and out and lets users manage their sick leaves from their Outlook calendar/email. Workforce management helps companies manage their labor costs through resource and travel and expense management functionalities.
- In-memory labor rules and monitoring: PeopleSoft’s real-time analytical tools built within the Oracle Exadata database architecture were designed to help businesses make empowered business decisions. It makes sure companies comply with overtime regulations by deploying labor and time policies to employees.
- Talent management: PeopleSoft covers processes from recruiting to succession planning. It has applications like recruiting, eDevelopment, ePerformance, eCompensation, incentive compensation, services procurement, and enterprise learning management.
Cornerstone has features such as:
- Core HR: Cornerstone helps businesses organize its workforce structure, track time and attendance, set salary structures, and manage benefits. Core HR makes sure all basic HR tasks are automated to avoid redundancy and inaccurate data.
- Customization: Users can adjust the software to fit the needs of the organization and access employee information through integrations with core HR software.
- HR Content: HR professionals have a place to create articles that contain important information about company processes and other information that are readily accessible by employees. Cornerstone provides tools to deliver such information throughout the organization and manage a variety of documents.
- Logistics: Cornerstone makes sure administrators maintain access rights and security and provides an employee portal that lets employees log into the system to access employee and company information.
- Management: Cross-departmental communication can be done through a ticketing platform. Cornerstone provides users with an intranet or web-based self-service portal that lets employees submit service requests. It comes with mobility features that let users access the app from any device.
PeopleSoft vs. Cornerstone: A comparison of prices
PeopleSoft charges users on a per-user basis for the rights to the modules’ licenses, though there is no set minimum number of users. It charges subscribers an additional fee for system upgrades. For interested parties, you can contact the vendor directly to ensure your business gets the appropriate features.
Cornerstone is a subscription-based software product. It doesn’t provide pricing details to the public but provides quotes upon request. Cornerstone has a free trial without requiring a credit card.
PeopleSoft vs. Cornerstone: A comparison of integrations
PeopleSoft integrates with Oracle apps such as the Oracle E-Business Suite and other apps like Siebel CRM, JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Lotus Notes, and Microsoft Office.
Cornerstone integrates with apps such as iSpring Learn, 360Learning, Whatfix, GamEffective, ADOPT, uPerform, EdApp, and VBrick.
Make a choice that benefits your business
Take advantage of an HCM software solution’s functionality. Consider a product that automates tasks, allows users to access features in one platform, secures data and information, and allows employees to use a self-service portal. These functions save time and let HR personnel attend to more urgent matters.
If you need more options, use our free Product Selection Tool to get a list of recommended vendors that meet your requirements.