- categoryHuman Resources Software
Every business’s success begins with hiring the right people with the right skills. Human resources are considered the backbone of an organization because they’re the brains behind the equipment, machines, and tools used for everyday operations. This makes recruiting a crucial part of business. Thanks to the software technology industry, this area is constantly being developed, specifically through the design of many recruiting software products that automate the process of workforce management. Through the years, numerous business owners have recognized the benefits of using such software solutions and the impact they have.
This article is a head-to-head comparison between two popular products, Lever vs. Newton ATS. We’ll take a look at their features, pricing plans, and integrations to help you determine which one suits your business model more. If you want more ATS options, use our Product Selection Tool. You’ll get five software recommendations that are tailored to your need for free.
Lever vs. Newton ATS: An overview
Lever is a California-based software company that specializes in applicant tracking and recruiting software solutions. Lever Hire is its main product. The software helps recruitment professionals do their jobs in less time and with better quality by allowing them to hire and track applicants, evaluate candidates, and schedule interviews. Many users report that Lever has a user-friendly interface that is easy to launch and learn, and responsive features. Moreover, it has excellent customer service that often acts on user’s popular requests.
Newton ATS is fully-featured and designed primarily for recruiting professionals across all industries. It works through every stage of the recruitment process and streamlines the entire process. Organizations can use Newton ATS for engaging and attracting new candidates, conducting interviews, onboarding new hires, sending out offer letters, and collaborating with teammates regarding the hiring process. The software releases new features every six weeks to maintain its timeliness and upgrade its functionality.
Lever vs. Newton ATS: A comparison of features
Features are one of the bases for deciding if a software product is suitable for your business. Let’s take a closer look at the different features of Lever and Newton ATS.
Lever has numerous features:
- Candidate sourcing: Lever recognizes the importance of having access to a pool of job seekers. This feature lets users keep their information, including email address, phone number, name, resume, and LinkedIn profile. It has an extension on Google Chrome that saves candidate names as they’re found on LinkedIn. Candidate sourcing also gives users real-time updates and feedback on candidates within Lever.
- Interview scheduling: Interview scheduling is made easier with Lever because it lets both applicant and HR staff agree on an interview date. It eliminates email exchanges by allowing candidates to see all their interview date options and choose the one that suits their availability.
- Custom careers page: With the custom careers page, users can create internal and external job boards. It also gives users the freedom to choose where and when they will post job openings. Even employees can also create job applications using the same feature.
Newton ATS also has its own set of features that cater to the recruitment process:
- Newton Echo: This feature allows hiring managers to respond to requests from recruiters without logging into the system. With this feature, they’re able to review resumes and give feedback on interviews, as well as reject or accept applicants through email. It can automatically update statuses, such as setting up an interview schedule once the hiring manager selects a candidate.
- Newton’s Interview Scorecards: The Interview Scorecards are a way to improve new hire quality where quantitative and qualitative feedback from interview teams is collected to come up with a ‘Batting Average.’ Not only that, but this feature also allows employers to measure hiring managers, recruiters, and interviewers.
- Streamlined workflow processes: Newton ATS uses a flexible system for workflow and approval processes where ‘Green is go, and Red is no’. It’s useful in labeling a request as approved or denied. Alerts are sent regarding these, which trigger another course of action or follow-ups.
Other important features of Newton ATS are email templates, resume parsing, offer-letter generator, automated thank-you letters, and advanced candidate search.
Lever vs. Newton ATS: A comparison of prices
Lever has three pricing plans, each one offering a unique level of support and features. These come with core features, including custom careers page, interview scheduling, social referrals, and Google Chrome extension. Lever does not publicly reveal their pricing plans, but interested parties can request a quote.
Newton ATS is subscription-based and charges a monthly subscription fee, which includes unlimited support and features, unlimited number of users, and unlimited number of job posts. Users can also request a quote from vendors.
Lever vs. Newton ATS: A comparison of integrations
Lever boasts integrations with numerous software applications that are commonly used by most business organizations. These include Zenefits, OneLogin, Namely, G Suite, Checkr, BambooHR, Workday, ADP, LinkedIn, DocuSign, Okta, Tableau, Slack, Office 365, CloserIQ, Glassdoor, Adobe Sign, and API.
Newton ATS integrates seamlessly with everything, from pre-hire assessment solutions and job boards to HRIS and payroll connections. Some of these are Paycor, HireTech, Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster, glassdoor, Outmatch, GoodHire, Google, Twitter, Ebi, Facebook, Sterling, Career Builder, and GlobalHR.
Make a choice
Lever and Newton ATS are recruiting software products for small to medium-sized businesses across all industries. They are beneficial for streamlining the hiring process and automating tasks to save time and resources. Don’t hesitate to contact the vendors to get more information on their pricing methods to help you decide on the suitable software solution for your business. Remember to consider the features and integrations as well.
If you want to research more recruiting software products for your business, use our Product Selection Tool for more options. It doesn’t take more than five minutes and is absolutely free.