- categoryHuman Resources Software
Human Resource (HR) Management plays a crucial role in business operations. It ensures the organization’s backbone is covered, benefits provided, time rendered paid, and commissions given. It’s equally beneficial to the business owners because it tracks employees’ worked hours, absences, time off, paid and unpaid leaves, and productivity. Thanks to software technology, these tasks are completed in a timely manner and automated to help save time and increase productivity. The creation of HR management software products has benefitted business owners and lessened manual tasks.
We’ll compare Kronos vs. Paycor, two of the most popular HR management software options, in terms of features, prices, and size of business they were designed for.
Not sure if Kronos or Paycor is right for your business? Feel free to use our Product Selection Tool to get up to 5 HR software recommendations tailored to your needs. It’s free and doesn’t take more than 5 minutes of your time.
Kronos vs. Paycor: An overview
Kronos and Paycor are leaders in the field of designing HR management software products.
Kronos started making workforce management software solutions in 1977, with Workforce Ready being its main product. It was designed for small and medium-sized businesses to automate tasks and connect all aspects of an HR software into one platform. It has HR functions and allows time tracking and absence and payroll management done in one interface. Workforce Ready helps organizations become more efficient to lower labor costs and increase revenue. Even small businesses can use the software because it was developed to allow modular use, allowing users to choose only the pieces they need for their business.
Paycor provides a unified HR management solution that focuses on helping business owners, HR practitioners, and entrepreneurs manage their workforce. It provides payroll and HR solutions and intuitive recruiting functionality to small and medium-sized businesses. Paycor encompasses every stage of the employee lifecycle, from recruiting and onboarding to time and attendance monitoring. Users of Paycor can integrate employee payroll information into their work hours to automate the payroll distribution process.
Kronos vs. Paycor: A comparison of features
Both Kronos and Paycor have the core features of HR management software solutions.
Kronos has five important features:
- Taxes: Kronos’ Workforce Ready makes it easier for HR practitioners to compute and file taxes on behalf of their employees. By virtue of a power of attorney, the payroll vendor can make electronic tax payments.
- Core HR: This feature allows users full control of the different tasks of HR management. It allows businesses to track reimbursements and check expense reports, process salaries, manage attendance, and comply with regulations set in the location of users’ business.
- Workforce management platform: With Workforce Ready, businesses can better manage employee attendance and absences, and oversee shift scheduling to ensure that there is always available labor at all times. It allows users to anticipate high and low labor demands by giving them access to shift schedules and approved time off.
- Automation: Automation is one of the biggest benefits of using HR management software products. With Workforce Ready, organizations can significantly minimize manual data entry to improve accuracy and overall efficiency. With automation, HR practitioners can focus their attention on other tasks that require immediate response.
- Employee self service: Workforce Ready helps free up time and takes tasks off the hands of HR practitioners by putting the employee self service feature. Employees can access their pay stubs, W-2 forms, and other information regarding their salary and employment within the web portal. They can also ask questions about benefits here, and management can post answers and FAQs in the same place.
Paycor has its own set of features:
- Recruiting and ATS: This feature was designed and built by recruiters to promote seamless candidate experience. It has powerful analytics and the capability to identify hiring tax credits. Paycor also comes with unique employee onboarding software.
- HR and Benefits: Paycor provides a unified way of employee recordkeeping and promotes unlimited workflows. This feature is user-friendly and available online, which allows easy access from anywhere.
- Time & attendance: Paycor comes with an employee scheduling software and provides a unified records system. The time & attendance feature cuts HR’s time spent on various tasks by providing an employee self service portal where workers can access their records, pay stubs, and other information with ease.
- Payroll & tax: This feature allows businesses to confidently pay their employees in a timely manner, thanks to the robust pay grid built by payroll professionals. Paycor has tax computation and filing capabilities that allow for stress-free tax compliance.
Paycor also has other features such as employee pay options, paycards, mobile app, and reporting.
Kronos vs. Paycor: A comparison of prices
Kronos doesn’t provide pricing information to the public. Interested parties can request a quotation and provide the vendor with their business’s specific needs.
Paycor also doesn’t provide the public with pricing information, but users can request a price quotation and free demonstration.
Most software vendors do this as a practice since varying organizations have varying needs. In doing so, the software solutions can be customized to provide for those needs.
Read also: The Best Accounts Payable Software
Kronos vs. Paycor: A comparison of business sizes
Every software product is unique and caters to a specific business size.
Kronos and Paycor both service small and medium-sized businesses. Kronos encourages modular use, so even small businesses can choose only the features they need for their business. Both software products believe businesses of all sizes deserve all the help they can get from HR management software solutions.
Choose your product wisely
Kronos vs. Paycor is a tough decision to make and needs a lot of thinking and scrutiny. Always remember to choose your product wisely. Kronos’ Workforce Ready and Paycor provide businesses with the solutions they need for their organizations. They automate tasks in order to save time and improve overall efficiency. With the features they have, businesses and employees benefit mutually. Best of all, even small-sized businesses can take advantage of their features and choose only the pieces they need.
If you want more HR software options, use our Product Selection Tool.