Maintaining customer relationships and simplifying marketing and sales processes has never been easier thanks to Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software solutions. Tasks are easier because businesses have one platform for pipeline management, email tracking, sales activity, updating contact records, and lead scoring and management.
Users can take advantage of additional features such as invoicing and billing, contract and document management, nurture campaign mapping, analytics, sales goal planning and tracking, and sales performance and activity monitoring. Businesses can better personalize marketing outreach to mine data for matched customer personas and targeted audiences.
Let’s consider two popular Customer Relationship Management software solutions: Freshsales vs. HubSpot. We’ll compare their integrations, features, and pricing plans to help you choose the most suitable product for your business. Use our Product Selection Tool to receive five recommendations of software solutions tailored to your requirements. It’s free, easy to use, and designed by our Technology Advisors.
Please note that some of the links in this article are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission.
Freshsales vs. HubSpot: An overview
Freshsales is an online CRM product designed to help businesses across all industries manage relationships with potential and existing customers. It was launched in 2016 and has AI-based lead scoring, activity capture, phone, and email features. The product comes with a 360-degree customer view with full details about prospects, customers, tasks, appointments, touchpoints, and conversations.
Users can send multiple bulk emails from the software and monitor activities. The inbox intuitively prioritizes emails from leads and contacts that await response. Freshsales monitors the websites visited by prospects and segments contacts based on behavior.
HubSpot provides users with tools for organizing, tracking, and managing contacts to better build relationships with customers. It eliminates the need for spreadsheets and cluttered inboxes and offers management pipeline and customer tracking via email, social media, and phone. Users can see an updated view of the sales pipeline and visual dashboard with detailed reports on sales activity and individual performance. HubSpot offers unlimited users, data, and up to 1,000,000 contacts without an expiration date whether for a team of 1 or 1,000.
Read also: The 11 Best CRM Software Vendors of 2020
Freshsales vs. HubSpot: A comparison of features
Freshsales makes CRM tasks easier through its features:
- Customization: Users can personalize Freshsales to meet needs by renaming the core modules based on business nomenclature, creating custom fields, using multi-currency and multi-language, formulating unlimited custom sales activities, and customizing roles with regulated access levels and permissions in the software.
- Productivity: Freshsales boosts sales productivity by providing real-time notifications, access to relevant information, and easy data import in one place. Users are notified of upcoming appointments and when a new record is assigned. The software allows for easy data import and migration from other CRM solutions.
- Communication: Users can make calls in one click. They can use Freshcaller to transfer, record, and auto-log calls to related records. Freshsales offers Freshchat for chatting with leads and converting visitors into leads without leaving the software. It can be integrated with different SMS service providers for sending personalized SMS to leads and customers.
- Collaboration: Teams can share reports, campaigns, appointments, tasks, and assignments of reps to locations. They can share a team inbox that is visible to all members and let any member jump into a conversation to keep it going. Freshconnect lets members add teammates to conversations and grants them access to all conversations.
HubSpot offers a set of features that helps boost team efficiency:
- Email tracking: HubSpot automatically sends a pop-up when an email sent is opened and a link is clicked. A logged email is displayed on the contact timeline to record all email communications and determine the prospect’s position in the sales funnel.
- Documents tool: Users can build a sales and marketing content library and add a link to this in the email for the entire team to access. Receive aggregate metrics on content performance and instant alerts when users interact with the content.
- Sales: Users get deeper insights into prospects, close deals faster, and automate tasks using meeting scheduling, email tracking, and automation. The website tools help users better understand when clients are active on the site. Use the ‘click to call’ tool for faster appointment setting.
- Marketing: HubSpot offers website forms to collect leads that are automatically entered into the software. Users can take advantage of contact activity tools to tailor marketing efforts to recent customer actions.
Freshsales vs. HubSpot: A comparison of prices
Users can choose from Freshsales’ 4-tier paid subscription plan that is charged on a per user, per month basis: Blossom, Garden, Estate, and Forest. The Blossom Plan is ideal for small teams and includes basic tools such as lead scoring, visual sales pipeline, and Freshcaller. The Garden Plan is suitable for growing teams, while the Estate Plan is for larger teams. The Forest Plan is suitable for enterprises and is billed annually. Freshsales has a start up plan called Sprout that includes deals, accounts, contacts, leads, mobile app, and email for unlimited users.
HubSpot has a 4-tier pricing plan: Free, Starter, Professional, and Enterprise. The Free Plan is ideal for individual use and starting companies, while the Starter Plan includes up to 1,000 contacts, embeddable forms, email marketing, and live chat and conversational bots. The Professional Plan includes additional features such as a landing page builder and blogging and social media management tools. The Enterprise Plan offers up to 10,000 contacts and includes all features offered by HubSpot.
Freshsales vs. HubSpot: A comparison of integrations:
Freshsales makes CRM tasks easier through integrations with:
- Google Calendar
HubSpot seamlessly integrates with:
- Google Drive
- Google Calendar
Which should you choose?
Freshsales and HubSpot both make great choices for your business’s customer relationship management software needs. They offer free versions, which is beneficial to starting teams that need support. Their integration with commonly used apps is an advantage. However, we also need to consider their differences in choosing your software product.
Freshsales has Freshcaller that enables users to make calls from the software and auto logs calls for record purposes. It makes communication easier and eliminates the need to switch between apps. Sales reps from large-sized businesses can benefit from this tool. HubSpot’s documents tool allows businesses to offer content to clients and team members, which is useful to large organizations that aim to consistently provide helpful, work-related content to employees.
Want more CRM software options? Use our Product Selection Tool to get a shortlist of the top CRM software for your company’s needs.