- categoryBusiness Intelligence
Business intelligence (BI) software helps organizations collect, analyze, and convert data into useful business insights with ease. It provides tools for generating, tracking, and interpreting large-scale information such as data warehousing and visualization, dashboards, and reporting. Businesses are able to determine market trends and customer purchasing patterns to better understand customer needs. Users can make reports and educated business decisions based on evidence in an instant.
With a BI software, businesses can analyze data better to help forecast future revenue, tailor products and services to customer needs, and protect businesses from pitfalls.
We compare two popular business intelligence software: SAS vs. Domo BI. We’ll analyze their features, integrations, and pricing models to determine the more suitable product for your business needs. Use our Product Selection Tool to receive five recommendations from our experienced Technology Advisors. It’s free, easy to use, and takes only five minutes.
SAS vs. Domo BI: An overview
SAS Visual Analytics, or SAS, is a business intelligence software designed to create interactive dashboards and reports from data based on various sources. Intended for mid-sized and enterprise companies, it can be used by all business types such as manufacturing and technology companies, accounting firms, and banking institutions. SAS can help identify outliers, clusters, key relationships, trends, and insights that inspire action. Use it to reveal anomalies and patterns in data, predict future outcomes, and identify relationships between figures.
Domo is a cloud-based BI software designed for all business sizes to provide real-time data to departments such as sales, HR, operations, and finance. The software consolidates business data into one self-service solution for making sound, evidence-based decisions in real time. Completing BI-critical processes no longer take weeks but minutes or seconds at an unbelievable scale to help businesses make fast and efficient decisions. With Domo, users can find important stored data in spreadsheets, social media platforms, and Salesforce.
A comparison of features
SAS is recognized as a reliable and efficient BI software for the following features:
- Location analytics: SAS analyzes data in geographical context by combining traditional data sources with location data.
- Text analysis: Integrate SAS with social media platforms to receive insights and other data, and collect both negative and positive sentiments.
- Smart visualization: Present data and results in an enticing way with guided analysis and advanced data visualization techniques. Interact with data using graphs and charts that show key relationships.
- Interactive reporting and dashboards: Share information through various channels in one platform and use dashboard and reporting tools for retrieving reports and analyzing data efficiently.
Domo comes with features to help businesses better understand data:
- Storage: Store your data from all sources in one platform for easy access and fast answers without data aggregate modeling.
- Connection: Users can import data from more than 1,000 pre-built data connectors like Facebook and Salesforce. Manage the status of connectors and choose data upload times with a few clicks.
- Prediction: Even non-technical users can take advantage of Domo in preparing and processing data with ease thanks to predictive models and data prep tools. The software features text bots that answer questions and provide information.
- Visualization: Use Domo’s card builder to visualize data in graphs and charts in a drag-and-drop interface. It has the Stories feature for story creation using a combination of texts, images, and cards. Other Domo apps are provided to help users make informed decisions.
A comparison of prices
SAS doesn’t offer pricing details publicly but has a free trial and quote-based plans. Contact the vendor directly to request SMB and enterprise pricing. Receive customized quotations from sales representatives.
Domo has two pricing models: Professional and Enterprise. Both plans are charged on a per user, per month basis with advanced governance, security, and unlimited data. Interested parties can request a quote from the vendor directly.
A comparison of integrations
SAS’s list of software and app integrations is not publicly available. It’s best to contact the vendor directly for detailed information.
Domo seamlessly integrates with apps such as Zendesk, Microsoft Excel, Magento, Google Adwords, Facebook, and HubSpot.
Takeaways: SAS vs. Domo BI
SAS and Domo are both excellent business intelligence software. They come with data analysis and visualization features that should be inherent in every BI software. Though pricing plans are not detailed for both systems, they are open to requests from interested parties. Both software come with graphs and charts for easy visualization.
In terms of differences, Domo can be used by non-technical individuals with text bots and prep tools, which is beneficial to start-up companies and first-time users of the software.
SAS integrates with social media platforms to collect sentiments, but Domo connects to more than 1,000 pre-built connectors. It’s a better deal because small and start-up businesses with only a few resources can better establish connections.
If you want to find more business intelligence software, feel free to use ourProduct Selection Tool