- categoryHuman Resources Software
Businesses need to hire and keep the best talent for productivity, efficiency, and smooth delivery of products and services. Human resources (HR) ensures employees are taken care of in terms of salary, career development, time and attendance, time-off requests, and benefits. Thanks to Human Capital Management (HCM), these tasks are easier due to automation and workforce management solutions.
HCM started with employee records, benefits, and payroll but has expanded to include benefit management, recruitment, employee performance assessment, succession planning, and self-service features.
We evaluate two popular human capital management systems: SAP SuccessFactors vs. CATS HR. We’ll compare their integrations, pricing plans, and features to determine the more suitable product for your business. Take advantage of ourProduct Selection Tool to receive five recommendations from our Technology Advisors. It’s easy to use and takes only five minutes.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. CATS HR: An overview
SAP SuccessFactors is a cloud-based business software that provides an integrated suite of features to all business sizes for better workforce management. It can be used across all industries such as retail, manufacturing, and healthcare and offers payroll, applicant tracking, on-boarding, performance review, goal and compensation management, and core HR functionalities. SAP SuccessFactors can track recruitment strategies and determine the resources that bring in the best talent.
CATS HR is an HCM system that helps recruiters and internal hiring staff become more efficient and productive. It comes with an intuitive dashboard for organized and streamlined workflows. The software manages all aspects of the hiring process such as job creation and posting, screening, interview, and candidate approval. Users can export comprehensive reports directly to Excel and integrate the software into the company website. CATS comes with different add-ons for social media, Outlook, and Word to suit every recruiter’s hiring method.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. CATS HR: A comparison of features
SAP SuccessFactors helps HR personnel become more productive with automation and features:
- Core HR: Users can do intrinsic human resource processes with SAP SuccessFactors’ capabilities like compliance, payroll, expense reporting, and reimbursement tracking.
- Benefit management: Benefits and master data are stored together in one location to promote accuracy, confidentiality, and efficiency. The software comes with a special benefit enrollment window based on work or life events for streamlined employee benefit management.
- Profiles and employee self-service: SAP SuccessFactors allows employees to access HR data for accuracy of information and clarity. It helps businesses adhere to specific requirements set by the business’s operating country.
- Organizational structures: Use the software for designing and maintaining organizational structures that represent business needs. Users can take advantage of embedded analytics for succession, recruiting, learning, and workforce planning.
CATS comes with a set of features that boost productivity and efficiency:
- Activity tracking: CATS allows multiple users to work together in filling a vacant position. It lets them track activity to see all communication among recruiters and follow each phase of the hiring process. Members can sort items by status and type of contract and send an email to a candidate or group of candidates.
- Information importation: Users can build a database by importing files from Word, Adobe, and Excel in two clicks and manage the files using built-in search and reporting tools.
- Career portal: Recruiters can post job vacancies to different job sites with CATS. The software has templates for crafting professional-looking job ads and custom branding to give the career portal the business’s desired look. The portal is hosted on CATS’ server and uses the system’s state-of-the-art technology.
- Candidate information:
When candidate information is added, it becomes searchable by skills, candidate name, and location.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. CATS HR: A comparison of prices
SAP SuccessFactors does not publicly provide detailed pricing information but entertains quote requests and inquiries from interested parties. It provides a free trial without requiring a credit card and has a basic plan that can be used by up to 100 members. Contact the vendor directly for more details.
CATS HR offers two pricing models: CATS Team and CATS Pro. The CATS Team offers all robust features of a professional-grade applicant tracking system with generous limits and no per-user fees. Interested users can try it without charge for 30 days. The CATS Pro is for professional recruiters with everything high-performing agencies need for effective talent acquisition. Users can build custom hiring processes using CATS’ system.
SAP SuccessFactors vs. CATS HR: A comparison of integrations
SAP SuccessFactors works seamlessly with other apps such as:
- Cisco WebEx
- Saba Learning
- iSpring Learn
CATS makes HR processes streamlined by integrating with apps such as:
- Google Drive
Build a strong workforce by using the right HCM software
Both SAP SuccessFactors and CATS help build a strong workforce by pooling the best talent and providing accurate compensation and benefits. The products integrate with similar, commonly used apps to help streamline processes. They have features for core HR processes and benefit management. However, their differences need to be considered when choosing your business HCM.
CATS’ activity tracking is beneficial to recruiters and businesses of all sizes because it lets multiple recruiters work on different job vacancies. It prevents confusion and redundancy because users can track the activities and conversations among members. SAP SuccessFactors’ lead is the self-service feature that allows users to access information for clarity and accuracy. It helps HR personnel save time and focus on other pressing work matters.
CATS’ career portal is useful to agencies and recruiters because they can post job listings to different sites with the software.
For more HCM software options, use ourProduct Selection Tool.