- categoryBusiness Intelligence
Business Intelligence (BI) software solutions empower businesses by collecting, analyzing, and transforming business data into useful business insights. Business owners can make use of every bit of business information for evidence-based decision making. BI software solutions provide a suite of tools for establishing market trends and customer purchasing patterns such as data visualization and warehousing, reporting, and dashboards. It takes the information businesses produce to help them forecast revenue growth, understand customers, and be protected from business pitfalls. With BI software, businesses can make informed decisions at light speed.
Let’s compare two popular BI software choices: IBM Cognos vs. Klipfolio. We’ll consider features, integrations, and pricing models to make a sound choice for your business’s needs. Feel free to use our Product Selection Tool to receive five recommendations of BI software products tailored to your business from our Technology Advisors. It’s free and easy to use and takes no more than five minutes.
IBM Cognos vs. Klipfolio: An overview
IBM Cognos is the upgraded version of IBM Cognos Business Intelligence designed for medium to large-sized businesses. It can be deployed on-premise or in the cloud and uses a centralized dashboard where users can access reports and query logs with ease. The software comes with self-service analytics, cognitive guidance, governance and management security, and new data visualization features. IBM Cognos has its own mobile integration that lets users make and share reports using any device. Users can take advantage of Artificial Intelligence (AI) that can be used throughout the entire analytics cycle.
Klipfolio is a business data platform that makes critical data transparent, visible, and accessible. It is a cloud-based BI software product that contains all business information with real-time accuracy. Users can see detailed business data presentations and customizable dashboards for informed decision-making. Klipfolio connects to more than 500 data sources that include on-premise data warehouses, social media platforms, and Google Analytics. Aside from providing real-time data, the software presents information in an easy-to-understand manner through built-in templates. With Klipfolio, manual data integration and analysis are no longer needed.
IBM Cognos vs. Klipfolio: A comparison of features
IBM Cognos offers features in a service-oriented structure:
- Analysis: IBM Cognos is easy to use for both general business users and financial analysts. Regular users can find simple information with ease while financial analysts can access advanced analyses they need.
- Scorecarding: Management can establish quantifiable targets and goals for employees and follow business performance in different units, geographic regions, and subsidiaries. Users can extract corporate strategy and communicate it to the organization at an operational level.
- Collaborative BI: IBM Cognos lets users utilize its collaborative capabilities through a searchable and centralized corporate memory that allows them to learn history and establish stronger professional relationships.
- Query and reporting: The software promotes sound business decisions through an easy-to-manage information system. It offers reports from professional design authors and lets users customize existing reports. Users can access information they need for evidence-based decision making in real-time.
Klipfolio has its own set of features:
- Intuitive display: Klipfolio reduces time spent on interpreting presentations by using easy-to-understand presentations. Users of all knowledge levels can make sense of figures and charts and take advantage of more than 100 pre-built templates and 30 cloud applications. Users can easily switch backgrounds and customize the theme to suit their needs.
- Real-time data: Klipfolio allows users to access real-time data from different sources by making information visible and transparent. The data are constantly updated to allow users to make intelligent business decisions and take the best course of action.
- Automatic integrations: Users can collect all necessary data with ease, thanks to Klipfolio’s integration with other apps. The software automatically integrates and analyzes data to reduce time spent on manual tasks. Users can make sound business decisions based on accurate data.
IBM Cognos vs. Klipfolio: A comparison of prices
IBM Cognos has different pricing models for administrators and users. Users can choose from three licenses: Standard, Workgroup, and Enterprise. Administrators can select from a 4-tier pricing model: Analytics Administrator, Analytics Explorer, Analytics User Authorized, and Information Distribution. The software offers a free trial for interested parties and provides webinars, documentation, and in-person training.
Klipfolio is a subscription-based BI software product with a 4-tier pricing plan: Team+, Team, Grow, and Publish. These pricing models are charged per month and apply charges for additional dashboards. It doesn’t have a free version but offers a free trial for every pricing plan and provides webinars, documentation, and live online training.
Read also: Alteryx vs. Tableau: Working Together
IBM Cognos vs. Klipfolio: A comparison of integrations
IBM Cognos has a set of studios for efficient data access: Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Analysis Studio, Cognos Query Studio, Cognos Metrics Studio, Cognos Connection, Cognos Framework Manager, and Cognos Data Manager. It also integrates with CommandCenterHD, Key Survey, Workpuls, SAP Fieldglass, Limelight, Captio Expenses, NetDispatcher, and pcFinancials.
Klipfolio integrates with Google Analytics, Salesforce, MailChimp, Uservoice, Youtube, Google Drive, Dropbox, Adobe, Pingdom, Zoho, Facebook Ads, Twitter, Zendesk, and Marketo.
Give your business the BI software it deserves
Ease of use is an important consideration when choosing a BI software solution. Go for a product that is both easy to use and understand. If your business is a novice in BI software solutions, We recommend Klipfolio because of its pre-built templates and automatic data integration and analysis. Bigger organizations that need stronger governance and security features can opt for IBM Cognos because of its added visualization features, own mobile integrations and studios, and AI.
Want more BI software options? Use our Product Selection Tool.