PTC WindchillProduct Overview
PTC Windchill product overview
PTC Windchill is a product lifecycle management software that allows companies to seamlessly manage their product development. It is a compact package that provides manufacturers with the necessary tools for the transfer, distribution, visualization, and publishing of the product data.
PTC Windchill’s web-based design allows companies to coordinate and operate from multiple locations. This helps the business leaders and company managers manage the complete product lifecycle and associated services from remote locations. The software provides the context, security, traceability, and processes to ensure that the product data is accessible and trustworthy. PTC Windchill enhances product development by providing data access to multi-disciplinary teams, focusing on the process quality, and giving a data-driven approach to manufacturing.
PTC Windchill is highly automated and employable for cross-discipline configuration management. Its open architecture simplifies integration with other enterprise systems, including IoT, providing a solid foundation for a product-driven digital thread. The PLM software enables businesses to drive value across their enterprise. Companies from a multitude of industry domains, especially the manufacturing industry, use Windchill to streamline their product development processes.
Pros of PTC Windchill
- PTC Windchill has a customizable user interface that lets users perform UI configuration. Users can select the modules or tools they want to appear on the interface.
- The software provides in-depth, product-related data such as technical product information, CAD models, documents, calculated product specifications, and illustrations to help manufacturers dig more into authentic sources of information. Moreover, the built-in search algorithm of PTC Windchill ensures that users get the required information without much hassle.
- PTC Windchill leverages automation in updating content and users as features and definitions are altered for consistency and reliability of information.
Cons of PTC Windchill
- The software offers a wide variety of functionalities, which some new users find to be complicated and overwhelming.
- Some users also reported that the software comes with a steep learning curve.
Breakdown of core features
PTC Windchill offers comprehensive capabilities to help manufacturers manage their products through all phases of the product life cycle.
PTC Windchill’s change management feature allows product teams to make alterations during the product life cycle in a centralized location so that other users can access the most up-to-date information. The software also provides visibility of how change impacts an organization throughout the product life cycle.
The PLM architecture of the software enables teams to upgrade data-in-place and automates the gathering of system properties, both saving time and reducing effort in the overall process.
PTC Windchill provides a digital Bill of Materials (BOM) through the PLM system. A parts-centric approach to BOM is available with a single source of truth for all organizational product data. This program is closed-loop throughout the entire lifecycle from conceptualization to product release.
(Last updated on 04/02/2021 by Liz Laurente-Ticong)