Pendo product overview
Pendo is a product experience platform built to help software companies develop products for customers. The app allows software developers to embed a wide range of tools that can lead both to a better product experience for users and new insights for the product team. Pendo provides analytics to understand what users are doing across their product journey. With this software, companies can gather insights and take action in one platform. Organizations can segment users to ensure the delivery of the right message at the right time to the right individual.
Pendo lets software creators embed survey questions and polls into their apps. It allows product teams to ask hyper-focused questions at the right time during the user’s journey—and capture their precise opinions and reactions about the product at specific moments. The software’s in-app walkthroughs and targeted messaging are designed to improve onboarding and feature adoption. Pendo has product demand intelligence capabilities to determine which features to prioritize building next. It provides product planning features as well.
With Pendo, teams can detect the well-received features and spot the ones causing confusion to customers. The Pendo platform can be used to guide users through the rough spots and drive them to adopt the features that create fans by identifying both the good and bad features and workflows. Additionally, it lets employees capture, prioritize, and manage customer feature requests, facilitating product optimization and revenue generation processes.
Pros of Pendo
- Pendo’s Guidance functionality lets app developers embed user-friendly walkthroughs in their applications and offer helpful tips and reminders along the way. This tool can improve onboarding and feature adoption.
- The software tracks usage across web, mobile, and multi-app. It empowers teams with comprehensive product analytics to inform data-driven decisions. Product teams will determine which features users adopt and ignore.
- Pendo delivers seamless mobile experiences. Product teams can understand and guide users through a consistent product journey on any device, connecting the digital experience across web and mobile. Any user action in the team’s app will automatically get instant insights without prior app tagging or engineering effort. Pendo for Mobile is a codeless solution for native iOS and Android Applications, Xamarin, and React Native. Pendo provides a Track Events solution for SwiftUI and hybrid apps.
Cons of Pendo
- While Pendo allows users to freely customize their app based on needs, customization for some features of the platform can be daunting for some users. Customization of the Guides section might be hard to understand for users without technical skills as it requires CSS/HTML knowledge. Some of Pendo’s functionalities can be challenging to handle for new users since prior usage and experience are required.
- Pendo’s reporting structure could be simplified for average users and newcomers. Report building in Pendo can be a little cumbersome and confusing, particularly for inexperienced users. Reporting options have limitations when it comes to formats available. Pendo also offers limited layout customization when it comes to reports and dashboards.
Breakdown of core features
Pendo delivers features that provide analytics and guidance to software product teams.
Pendo provides teams with product and journey analytics by user and account to know why customers engage, return, and succeed. This feature tracks usage across web, mobile, and multi-app. It equips product teams with comprehensive product analytics to inform data-driven decisions. Pendo collects all data automatically from the beginning. The software tracks all usage as soon as it’s installed, without any tagging, coding, or instrumentation required. Users can define and visualize trends by segment. Teams can compare user cohorts to determine which usage patterns are consistent with healthy adoption and which require intervention. Organizations can identify the interactions that contribute most to KPIs like retention and expansion.
Pendo’s Feedback feature provides complete demand intelligence for products, so businesses can build what the highest-value customers want most. Pendo enables organizations to capture and prioritize customer feature requests at scale and get a clear signal about where to optimize their product and user experience for each segment. Product teams can quantify revenue opportunities to take the guesswork out of product planning and prioritization. Users can identify common requests and group feedback by feature, customer type, or user cohort. Teams can share reports to facilitate agreement on priorities and efficiently allocate developer and designer hours. Businesses can inform customers of the requests being worked on and ensure their feedback was heard. Teams can keep customers in the loop about which requests were delivered, and which are in-progress or planned.
Pendo offers personalized in-app guides and messaging to help customers get the most out of the product. Organizations can design and deploy rich in-app campaigns without developer resources. Businesses can encourage desired behavior and guide users when and where they need it most through step-by-step instructions across screens and devices. Highlight features, provide contextual support, and drive customer success through sending tailored messages to specific segments or users to ensure usage of the features most beneficial to them. Organizations can reduce customer support calls with in-context tooltips and best practices.
(Last updated on 02/13/2021 by Liz Laurente-Ticong)