Google Hangouts MeetProduct Overview
- About Google Hangouts Meet
- Pros of Google Hangouts Meet
- Cons of Google Hangouts Meet
- Breakdown of core features
Google Hangouts Meet product overview
Google Hangouts Meet was developed to help users initiate and interact via multiple communication channels including text, voice, and video chats. The platform works well for both one-on-one and group collaborations up to 150 people. Google Hangouts Meet is integrated with Gmail, has a Chrome extension, and can also be used on the go with mobile apps available for either Android or iOS devices.
Although often perceived as something meant for individual users, Google Hangouts Meet can also handle the communication needs of the corporate environment. Since Hangouts Meet is a Google product, it has no difficulty integrating with popular business systems and applications such as Slack, West Unified Communications, Fresh Service, and more. Users can share information knowing it will be protected under the latest in protection standards.
Pros of Google Hangouts Meet
• Easy to connect and talk with friends and colleagues
• Easy setup
• Quality connections
• Conversations contained visually with no need for threading/forking
• Tight integration with other G Suite applications
• Good value if buying G Suite
Cons of Google Hangouts Meet
• Lacks many functionalities available through competitors
• Audio can switch off in large group chats
• Doesn’t add back group members
• Requires Gmail account
• Only available with G Suite business account
• Few notification settings
• Limited integrations and bots
Breakdown of core features
The platform can be implemented as a cost-effective collaboration solution for enterprise users. Businesses and entrepreneurs can engage with co-workers, colleagues, and clients through HD video, voice, and text. Meeting via video face-to-face online is an easy way to save on time and travel expenses.
Google Hangouts on air
Google Hangouts on Air is available for enterprises that need video broadcasting and allows users to stream video calls live via YouTube. It is an efficient and cost effective way for business to host online seminars and talk shows. It will also integrate with other popular business systems and service providers such as Zendesk, Fresh Service, and more.
Google Hangouts Meet is compatible with and seamlessly combines the features and functions of previous Google business apps including Google Talk. Its integration with Google Voice allows users to call domestic phone numbers from their computing device for free.
(Last updated on 04/23/2020 by Abby Dykes)