Ceridian Dayforce HCMProduct Overview
Dayforce HCM product overview
Dayforce HCM, provided by Ceridian, is a global human capital management (HCM) platform that uses modern technology and services to transform the employee lifecycle management experience. Dayforce HCM is a comprehensive cloud platform that combines HR, payroll, benefits, workforce management, and talent management into a single solution. Additionally, Dayforce HCM provides education, implementation, managed, and professional services such as payroll processing, benefits administration, or compliance management to help ensure success and improve the Dayforce experience for any business.
The Dayforce scalable platform is built with a single, flexible rules engine that is combined with real-time updates and calculations to help address complex regulatory requirements. Data can be stored in a single, central location, and Dayforce provides insights across all HR functions. Ceridian’s certified payroll and benefits experts can provide consistent support and apply best practices and quality controls to the payroll and benefits process so businesses can focus on what matters.
Pay is calculated continuously throughout the pay period. As such, administrators have ample time to produce accurate pay. Ceridian’s Dayforce HCM can be accessed using any device, via the web and mobile. Employees easily learn to navigate and use the application with greater control and access to their data.
Pros of Dayforce HCM
- One application – With data stored in a single, central location, get data-driven insights across all HR functions so you can make better decisions for the entire employee lifecycle. Dayforce HCM software eliminates the need for complicated integrations to simplify workflows, increase accuracy, and enhance compliance.
- Continuous time and pay calculation – Traditionally, payroll admins have been unable to access their data until 18 hours after the pay period had ended and consistently ran out of time for audits. Dayforce has a single, flexible rules engine for time and pay. This means that pay is calculated continuously throughout the pay period, giving administrators the time they need to produce high-quality pay.
- Anytime access and employee self-service – Access Dayforce’s HCM software using the device of your choice on web or mobile. Dayforce is easy to learn and operate. It gives employees control of their data with anytime access and helps organizations make sure their employee information is accurate and up to date.
- Actionable insights – Get the right data to the right people at the right time. Dayforce provides critical data-driven insights to help you make fast, informed decisions. Sophisticated predictive technologies help align business strategy with daily operations.
Cons of Dayforce HCM
- Some customers would like to see a more intuitive report form builder and more reporting options.
Breakdown of core features
Centralized human resources solution
Intelligently manage your workforce with a centralized, single Human Resources solution. Streamline tasks, reduce administrative costs, and improve communication across your entire organization through an intuitive, modern platform. Provide your employees with secure access to their personal HR information, and capture detailed, valuable HR analytics in real time when you need them most to get strategic insight into your business. Some key features include out-of-the-box and configurable workflows with easy-to-use guided processes, customizable forms to capture personal, professional, and payroll tax information that can be accessed via web or mobile devices and stored electronically, and real-time, embedded analytics to provide quick insights into important HR information.
Payroll and workforce management
A single system simplifies payroll and increases accuracy. Most organizations maintain separate systems for payroll and time. Dayforce replaces disparate software systems with real-time cloud software that combines payroll, time, and HR data into a single system. With this single application, payroll data is always up-to-date and can be previewed or audited any time during the payroll cycle to easily verify data or make adjustments. This eliminates the ‘payroll crunch’ and gives you the time you need to ensure payroll is delivered on-time and accurately. Some key features include HR, payroll, and time and attendance data in one solution, integrated tax services, including Federal, State and Municipal deposits, quarterly and annual filing, and reconciliation reports (US), and simple and clear reporting and analytics of HR and payroll data.
Engage and empower your workforce by combining all aspects of an employee’s journey in a single HCM solution. Dayforce Talent Management gives you the platform you need to effectively attract, onboard, engage, develop, compensate, and reward employees. For managers, admins, and executives, Dayforce provides insights through real-time data and dashboards—empowering you to make the best decisions for your people, your growth and your development. Some key features include simplified recruiting screenings, AI-driven candidate ranking, and complete integration into Dayforce’s single application to make better hiring decisions.
Dashboards and analytics
Dayforce Dashboards is an easy-to-use and powerful analytics tool that provides insights from one source of truth. Equip your business with advanced reporting and self-serve analytical capabilities. Empower your business to easily analyze, interpret, and share vital HCM information across your organization. Dayforce Dashboards provides insights that enable transparency, awareness, and visibility so you can make more informed decisions and recommendations. With hundreds of predefined views and a library of measures, Dayforce Dashboards can be configured to your analytical preferences. Add or modify fields, change the chart display format, specify filters, and add drill downs to visualize detailed information. Some key features include a wide selection of predefined dashboard views that can be configured to display pertinent human capital information, drag and drop fields onto charts for display, and integrated dashboard export capability to seamlessly transfer content into ready-to-use PowerPoint presentations.
(Last updated on 08/31/2020 by Abby Dykes)