4Degrees product overview
4Degrees is a cloud-based customer relationship management (CRM) solution, which helps businesses leverage their relationships.
4Degrees integrates into email, calendar, and a number of third party data sources to automatically populate a team’s relationship network, minimize data entry about the people and companies in that network, and suggests ways to engage that network over time. In addition, 4Degrees enables robust pipeline management and reporting – while using similar data sources to eliminate data entry about those prospects.
Customers use 4Degrees platform to:
- Find connection paths to prospective customers, investors, and experts (powered by 4Degrees’ relationship strength detection)
- Engage and grow those relationships over time (4Degrees picks up news and alerts about those people and companies to help you move those relationships forward)
- Track and manage their transaction processes from the first touch to close
- Analyze their progress and optimize their relationship-building + pipeline management efforts
Users are able to access all of this via the 4Degrees website, via a Chrome extension, an Outlook add-in, a set of email alerts, and mobile applications (for both iOS and Android).
Pros of 4Degrees
- Relationship network detection
- Relationship alerts / suggestions
- Relationship network engagement
Cons of 4Degrees
- Not strong in email marketing
- No native capability for sending email merges/bulk email blasts
Breakdown of core features
Sync into MSFT (Office 365 or Exchange) or Gmail to automatically understand who a team is connected to, and add new contacts and interactions over time as the team engages with them.
Relationship alerts / suggestions
4Degrees scours the world for relevant information about the people and companies in a customer’s network and surface it. If a prospect is in the news, a key point of contact has changed jobs, or even if it is detected from the customer’s calendar that they are flying to the city where important people in their network reside, the app will surface that information to the user.
4Degrees enables users to build and manage the different transaction pipelines they are working on in the system. That includes customizable fields, automated company data entry (via data enrichment providers like Crunchbase and FullContact), note-taking, setting up reminders and tasks and document storage. Users can also have saved, filtered lists and kanban views of their pipelines.
Users can build reports based on engagement with specific contacts or companies in order to understand where the network is strong and weak, which deal sources are most productive, the velocity of deals through the pipeline, and more.
(Last updated on 01/09/2020 by Pam Van Loon)