- categoryBusiness Intelligence
QlikView vs. Tibco Spotfire
Data discovery is one of the most important aspects of business that used to lie only in the hands of advanced analytics experts. Thanks to business intelligence (BI) software, anyone can do it with the right tools. Such software comes with data warehousing and visualization for insights on growth, issue resolution, data collection, future outcomes forecasts, and revenue growth. Business intelligence software accesses, collects, analyzes, and shares data and information to promote evidence-based decision making.
With a BI software, businesses can make accurate reports at light speed and choose a course of action within minutes.
We compare two popular business intelligence software: QlikView vs. Tibco Spotfire. We’ll analyze their prices, integrations, and features to determine the better product for your business. Receive five recommendations from our experienced Technology Advisors by using our free and easy-to-use Product Selection Tool.
QlikView vs. Tibco Spotfire: An overview
QlikView is a classic, guided analytics solution for all business sizes. Use it to develop and deliver interactive guided analytics dashboards and applications. It has an Associative Engine at its core for generating new data views. The software compresses data in its memory that is readily accessible by multiple users anytime. Businesses can streamline workflows, improve internal communications, enhance business decisions based on simplified data, and consolidate data from various sources.
Tibco Spotfire is designed to derive valuable business insights for all business sizes with secure, smart, and scalable capabilities. It helps businesses evade risks and seize new opportunities from one analytics platform. Users can explore data with ease and spot actionable insights without IT intervention. The software has a dynamic and collaborative interface that uses data from various sources for creating easy-to-use visual dashboards and performing complex analyses. Users can look deep into the root causes of business issues.
Read also: Tableau vs. Spotfire: Business Intelligence for the Non-IT Guru
A comparison of features
QlikView comes with features specifically designed for making sense of business data:
- In-memory storage technology: Load data into the RAM system from various sources that are retrievable by users anytime.
- Collaboration: QlikView allows users to share data visualizations and insights with employees. They can send data and information through the cloud or via enterprise server for easy access.
- Social data discovery: Share individual data insights and reports within or outside of groups. The software has live discussion sessions to ensure coordination in the direction of business growth and profit.
- Natural analytics and data discovery: Use natural search throughout all data to get unbiased results. Natural search has no predefined patterns and allows the software to search for data in the most natural way. QlikView apps enable unrestricted data search, discovery, and analyses.
- Data collaboration and connectivity: QlikView’s Qlik Data Market fetches data sets from various public and syndicated sources. Have access to data related to business demographics, currencies, economic indicators, and population.
- Mobility and scalability: Users can access QlikView on both Android and iOS devices. Every QlikView version improves mobile integrations for greater mobility, data analyses, and ease of access. Mobility allows on-the-go data and report sharing.
Tibco Spotfire features five main tools for business insight collection and analysis:
- Predictive analytics: Tibco Spotfire comes with machine learning functionality to detect complex data trends and make accurate predictions. Users can calculate report and dashboard data using Spotfire Data Functions and Tibco Data Science Platform.
- Streaming analytics: Spot issues and opportunities quickly with the software’s real-time streaming feature. It processes streaming data from over 50 sources including the Internet of things (IoT) technology. Tibco Spotfire combines current and historical data and receives alerts for major data changes.
- Location analytics: Tibco Spotfire’s interactive map automatically recognizes city, state, or country as locations and makes route calculations. Create multiple layers by adding more data to the map and handle step-by-step directions and address-level geocoding.
- Data wrangling: Users can clean, blend, and make adjustments to data within the software. Blend data from sources like OLAP, Hadoop, cloud applications, and relational databases.
- Visual analytics: Use different visualization types to analyze data such as charts, tables, and heat maps. Access visualizations through desktop and mobile devices or embed them on company websites. Users can export reports in PDF and PowerPoint and add conversations and annotations to data.
Comparison of prices
Users can choose from QlikView’s two packages: QlikView Personal and QlikView Enterprise. The QlikView Personal Edition comes with nearly-full app development capabilities, data access, and manipulation. It is free with unlimited time validity for individual users. However, it requires subscribers to be an authorized user. The QlikView Enterprise Edition has a full set of capabilities and functionalities for data manipulation and app management. Contact the vendor directly to request detailed product and pricing information.
Tibco Spotfire comes with a 4-tiered pricing plan: Analyst, Business Author, Consumer, and Library Storage. The Analyst Plan offers 250-GB of data storage for each analyst, and the Business Author Plan has 100-GB of data storage per Business Author seat. The Consumer Plan can be used if a user purchases one Analyst or Business Author Plan as it is intended for view-only access to the software. The Library Storage Plan offers additional storage in 25-GB increments.
Subscribers enjoy free service for the first two months as an annual discount. Interested parties can try the 30-day free trial with 250-GB of data storage.
Comparison of integrations
QlikView uses extensive APIs to integrate with existing business system management software and applications including Salesforce.
Tibco Spotfire doesn’t publicly provide information on software integrations but welcomes inquiries from interested users.
Takeaways: QlikView vs. Tibco Spotfire
Based on the information above, QlikView and Tibco Spotfire have similar features dedicated to data discovery and visualization. QlikView has natural search, while Spotfire has predictive analytics, which is essential to identifying trends. They both have visual analytics to enable real-time data sharing with teams and employees.
QlikView’s advantage over Tibco Spotfire is its free version, QlikView Personal, which is beneficial to individuals and start-up companies. It’s a better deal than Spotfire’s free first two months offer.
Still searching for more business intelligence software? Use our Product Selection Tool.