Workvivo product overview
Workvivo is an employee communication platform designed to bring remote teams together. It helps companies easily connect, engage, and update their employees wherever they work from in more creative ways. It’s a social network, intranet, and employee app solution all merged into one familiar digital experience.
- More communication, less noise, everything in one place: Workvivo is a platform that lets you streamline internal communications, replace your intranet, implement an enterprise social network, and launch an employee app.
- Invented for employee engagement: The software has built-in features for peer recognition, company values, goals, and feedback to bring your company culture to life.
- Better employee experience, quick adoption: Workvivo uses a familiar social network UX designed for consumers.
- Goes beyond instant chat & video: It offers an alternative to emails and big meetings. Workvivo complements tools like Slack, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams by enabling messages to reach further across the organization and stay available over time.
Pros of Workvivo
- Designed for all employees: Workvivo is designed for employees and not just admins. The software platform took the digital social experience that people are familiar with in their personal lives and applied it to the to business. Using its platform, employees can read, post, broadcast, like, share, and comment in familiar ways. They can also recognize others through shout-outs, link posts to company goals and values, create community spaces, publish company articles and events, and run polls to help amplify the company culture and create a sense of community.
- All in one place: Workvivo centralizes all employee communication, tools, and information in one place. Whether you’re looking to streamline internal communications, replace your legacy intranet, implement an enterprise social network, provide an employee app, or organize access to all your other apps, the Workvivo platform can get you there.
Cons of Workvivo
- Direct/group messaging: Workvivo doesn’t include direct or group messaging functionality among users. However, the software supports direct and group messaging via a native integration with tools like Slack and MS Teams. This delivers a single digital hub for employee communications and leverages best-of-breed tools for “just in time” messaging.
Breakdown of core features
Familiar social experience
With Workvivo, you can leverage the experience of social media, where everything centers on a personal activity feed. This feed creates a place where employees can see what’s happening across the business and actively contribute to the dialog. The platform also provides the technology to put engaged communication at everyone’s fingertips, from back office to frontline, from the CEO to the intern.
Collaboration through community spaces
Workvivo lets you create community spaces for all, from project teams to book clubs. These collaborative spaces provide communities of specific interest the platform where employees can engage and share relevant information with like-minded colleagues that results in higher productivity.
Public peer recognition
All employees respond positively to recognition, but they become highly engaged if that recognition is delivered publicly through the Workvivo platform and everyone can easily share their approval.
Culture amplification and measurement
Make your company goals and values a part of your employee’s dialog to measure the impact. Tag content posts in Workvivo to cultural values so your workforce can see a clear link between daily interactions and company goals and values.
Alternatives to Workvivo
Learn more about other human resources software by exploring the following products, or review specific types of HR Software including applicant tracking software, cloud based HR software, employee engagement tools or time clock software.
Rippling is the #1 Rated All-In-One HR Platform. You can onboard new hires in 90 seconds, and easily manage your company's payroll, benefits, HR, and IT -- all in one, modern system. It brings all of your employee systems and data together, and helps automate your busy work. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can click a button, and take care of a new hires' I-9, offer letter, payroll, health insurance, and more -- 100% online and paperless.
monday.com is a collaborative platform that allows HR managers to manage the entire employee lifecycle in one place. Track the recruitment process of all candidates at a glance, onboard new employees with pre-made templates, plan team-building activities to engage current employees, and leverage data-driven insights with analytics built into your daily workflows. Finally, integrate monday.com with Gmail and 40+ tools you already use so the platform supplements your current workflows seamlessly.
GoCo is modern HR, benefits, and payroll, built for flexibility and ease-of-use in mind. Manage records, performance, time off, onboarding, benefits, and more all in one place. GoCo is a secure, compliant hub for sending, digitally signing, and organizing your sensitive HR documents and data. Unlike other HRIS platforms, GoCo is built to be flexible enough to support existing processes, policies, and providers, so you don't have to change the way you work just to adopt a modern HR system.
(Last updated on 01/26/2022 by Abby Dykes)