OpenText Media ManagementProduct Overview
- About OpenText Media Management
- Pros of OpenText Media Management
- Cons of OpenText Media Management
- Breakdown of core features
OpenText Media Management product overview
OpenText Media Management is a scalable DAM solution that optimizes rich media asset management, use, and distribution across the digital ecosystem. The platform offers a consolidated asset repository from creation to consumption. It streamlines marketing, branding, commerce, video, and global administration to contributors and production environments.
OpenText Media Management provides secure, controlled access to digital media assets. It can support over one billion assets and search more than 25 metadata fields. Additionally, it manages large files from HD to 4K, 5K, and 8K videos. It is capable of handling high storage requirements with storage optimization. It also controls thousands of concurrent users.
The solution is available as a single-tenant managed service in the OpenText Experience Cloud, or deployed in any cloud or data center.
Pros of OpenText Media Management
- The solution maximizes return on investment. It prevents duplicate asset creation by giving worldwide access to approved content. It ensures that assets are not published before they should be and prevents access after withdrawal.
- Its centralized global brand repository allows businesses to maintain brand consistency from asset acquisition to retirement.
Cons of OpenText Media Management
- According to some users, the software has a steep learning curve.
- The platform’s documentation and training manuals offer limited help.
Breakdown of core features
OpenText Media Management facilitates simple keyword search, complex multi-term search, and adaptive facets. It has sharable search templates to reduce time spent looking for assets. The solution includes connectors to Microsoft Azure Computer Vision and Google Vision AI to increase discoverability. It also eliminates manual tagging by using AI Image Analysis.
Access control and personalization
The platform supports integration to a corporate directory for single sign-on or custom password rules. It provides options for two-factor authentication, too. It ensures each user only accesses authorized assets and functions with asset-level security. The system displays different branding to users from various business units. Furthermore, it allows interface personalization.
Collaboration and workflows
OpenText Media Management delivers configurable workflows to cover the asset lifecycle from briefing to publishing. It enables effective collaboration with internal and external users. It has tools such as deep zoom, image and video mark-up, annotation, parallel approval, and version comparison. Moreover, the software automates workflows to replace repetitive manual tasks.
The software presents pre-built templates or build-your-own metadata models to record and structure important asset metadata. This includes tags, expiry dates, and linked object data.
(Last updated on 01/04/2022 by Liz Laurente-Ticong)