IBM Security QRadarProduct Overview
- About IBM Security QRadar
- Pros of IBM Security QRadar
- Cons of IBM Security QRadar
- Breakdown of core features
IBM Security QRadar product overview
IBM Security QRadar is an open and complete threat detection and response solution that eliminates advanced threats. It brings automation that unifies endpoint detection and response (EDR), network detection and response (NDR), and security information and event management (SIEM) in one workflow.
IBM Security QRadar saves valuable time by connecting insights and leveraging AI to automate tasks and respond quickly. Its suite of tools offers a unique approach to endpoint security. It uses ML to detect and remediate sophisticated threats in real-time. With deep visibility across endpoints, it delivers features like MITRE ATT&CK mapping and attack visualizations.
For teams that need extended support, IBM Security QRadar’s managed detection and response (MDR) team gives 24/7 monitoring and response.
Pros of IBM Security QRadar
- IBM Security QRadar lets organizations save time with automation and AI. Users can automate enriching, correlating, and investigating threats with purpose-built AI and pre-built playbooks, including automatic root cause analysis and MITRE ATT&CK mapping.
- The solution has simple XDR workflows that speed up alert triage, threat hunting, investigation, and response.
Cons of IBM Security QRadar
- Some users commented that IBM Security QRadar is complicated.
- Others raised that the platform provides limited training resources.
Breakdown of core features
QRadar XDR Connect is a cloud-native, open XDR solution that saves time by connecting tools, workflows, insights, and people. It adapts to the team’s skills and needs. XDR Connect empowers users with tools that increase productivity, such as Threat Investigator, Threat Intelligence, Data Explorer, and Kestrel Threat Hunting Language.
IBM Security QRadar provides intelligent security analytics for actionable insight into critical threats. Its Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) capability allows security teams to detect, prioritize, and respond to threats across the enterprise. It automatically analyzes and aggregates log and flow data from different devices, endpoints, and apps across the network. Moreover, it has single alerts to speed incident analysis and remediation.
Network Insights gives deep visibility through real-time network traffic analysis. It analyzes network data to uncover an attacker’s footprints and expose hidden security threats in many scenarios before they damage the organization. Network Insights can detect phishing e-mails, malware, data exfiltration, lateral movement, DNS abuse, and compliance gaps.
(Last updated on 12/06/2021 by Liz Laurente-Ticong)