Product Quick Facts
Hashtag’d began as an engagement marketing firm that has since turned to the power of gamification to help businesses draw in new audiences. Hashtag’d is an online platform that lets brands & agencies gamify fans’ engagement across Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
It can be used in a variety of ways, depending on a brand’s objectives; here are four examples:
1) Gamifying Social Engagement
– Brands can reward participants who submit photos, videos or text on a topic the brand chooses. EG: UK beer brand London Pride offers a voucher for every photo of an empty pint glass shared on Twitter with the hashtag #EmptyPint.
2) Crowd-Sourcing New Creative
– Brands can develop new ads from crowd-sourced video. EG: Coca-cola’s recent ‘#ThisIsAhh’ campaign created a funky, youthful 30-second TV ad from audience-shot Instagram & Vine footage.
3) Showcasing Audience Creativity
– Brands can showcase audience-created entries as part of their marketing collateral. EG: a nail polish brand has an online gallery of audience-shot nail art designs, all shared on Twitter and Instagram with a brand-specific hashtag.
4) Leveraging Audience Ambition Via Contests
– Brands can run photo or video competitions, asking participants to shoot & share a photo or video – then have friends vote on their entry, with the potential for a prize. EG: UK animal charity RSPCA ran a contest for the ‘World’s Happiest Pet’ using the platform.
The process is as follows: first the brand selects a campaign hashtag, chooses content types & campaign kick-off dates. Then the platform starts automatically curating hashtagged text, photos & videos across social platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter; all submissions can be moderatated, then the platform assists the brand by facilitating rights clearance automatically. Finally, if they choose, the brand can showcase audience submissions on their website or Facebook page in real time with a single line of code.
Want to compare gamification platforms? Check out our SmartAdvisor.
(Last updated on 03/21/2016)