Birdview PSAProduct Overview
Birdview PSA product overview
Birdview is a professional services automation (PSA) platform that provides professional services organizations with a single source of truth. The result is better visibility at all stages of the service delivery lifecycle, enabling data-driven decisions, collaboration, and increased synchronization at crucial handoff points.
Birdview PSA offers deep project management functionality along with resource optimization, project accounting, and a set of tools for monitoring and optimizing at both the project and portfolio level.
With Birdview PSA, services organizations can enjoy rich functionality without the long onboarding process and compromising their budget. This is made possible by the platform’s intuitive user interface and seamless integration with CRMs, ERPs, and thousands of other applications.
Pros of Birdview PSA
- Birdview PSA helps organizations better plan for the future by providing them with actionable insights gleaned from past performance. With these insights, teams can optimize processes and eliminate potential bottlenecks before they become an issue. Organizations can also prioritize and rank upcoming initiatives or potential clients based on value, risk, strategic alignment, and resource demand.
- The solution enables managers to assign and schedule resources based on availability, skillset, and fit. In addition, “what-if” scenarios can be simulated to allow managers to avoid conflicts while assigning the best-skilled resources to projects in a given timeframe.
- It has built-in indicators, tools, and alerts that simplify monitoring adherence to the delivery schedule. Its pre-built reports and dashboards feature KPIs and metrics across multiple projects and portfolios, allowing leadership teams to make timely and informed decisions.
Cons of Birdview PSA
- Birdview PSA currently lacks invoicing functionality. However, users (depending on their requirements) may be able to leverage a connector or integration as a workaround. Invoicing is likely to be added in a future iteration of the platform.
- The platform does not currently have functionality for creating and compiling proposals within the platform.
Breakdown of core features
Project data can be displayed in a variety of formats to support visual and work methodology preferences. Default views include Table, Gantt chart, kanban board, and calendar view. Birdview PSA also offers personalized and interactive to-do lists that let team members focus on tasks that have been assigned to them, record time, and provide status updates quickly. The collection of data internally or externally can be streamlined and automated with custom intake forms.
Teams can avoid unnecessary data entry by leveraging customizable project templates from Birdview PSA. Project managers can also use interactive Gantt charts to map out dependencies and critical paths. Birdview PSA provides teams with portfolio management tools to accurately budget, analyze, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
Birdview PSA includes a resource loading simulation that allows teams to plan for the future by assessing their workload, skill sets, utilization rate, and availability to start new projects. Furthermore, resource loading and scheduling are simplified with Birdview PSA’s resource loading report, which provides the ability to optimize resource capacity, avoid overloading resources, spot future downtime, and maintain employee satisfaction and productivity. An added layer of insight is provided by the software’s business intelligence engine that includes pre-built dashboards covering billable and non-billable resource utilization, demand forecasting, resource loading by user, team, or skill set, and labor projections. Birdview PSA also integrates with HR applications to further streamline resource assignment and planning.
Financials and billing
The platform features a financial overview for each project, enabling teams to track and monitor metrics related to revenue, profit, labor costs, and project expenses. By setting goals and targets, teams can see at a glance how well they are tracking in the context of planned vs actual. For billing, Birdview PSA supports both Fixed Cost and Time and Material billing models, letting teams bill clients using project rate, activity rate, resource rate, customer rate, and rate cards. Custom rate cards can be used for organizations that require a large degree of flexibility when billing clients to reflect unique roles and levels of expertise.
Birdview PSA allows team members to track planned and actual expenses to create a projected budget and forecast internal costs. Time tracked by employees can be recorded against clients, projects, and tasks and marked as billable or non-billable. When ready to bill a client, organizations can push their billable time and expenses to their preferred invoicing or financial system through integration with Birdview PSA.
Reporting and BI analytics
Teams can create tables, charts, and metric reports with Birdview PSA using data from sources such as projects, tasks, and time entries. It has an executive dashboard that provides access to critical information and KPIs to facilitate timely and effective decision-making. Financial health, timesheets, project status, billing, and resource loading can be tracked in real-time from the executive dashboard.
Birdview PSA provides teams with an embedded business intelligence engine that enables both project leaders and senior executives to dynamically interpret and analyze large amounts of data in interactive reports and dashboards. Additionally, the BI dashboards let users visualize, analyze, and interpret real-time data with speed, efficiency, and clarity to gain insight into project and program performance and profitability. Birdview PSA provides AI forecasting that lets users reliably predict when a project is most likely to be completed.
(Last updated on 06/18/2021 by Liz Laurente-Ticong)