Aspire Landscape Business Management SoftwareProduct Overview
- About Aspire Landscape Business Management Software
- Pros of Aspire Landscape Business Management Software
- Cons of Aspire Landscape Business Management Software
- Breakdown of core features
Aspire Landscape Business Management Software product overview
Aspire’s landscape business management software helps eliminate spreadsheets, manual processes, and siloed solutions so you can have confidence in the data you need to run your business. Its end-to-end functionality helps you gain full visibility into your business, make better decisions, and increase profit margins. Aspire is a cloud-based business management solution built for landscaping businesses with over $1 million in revenue. Key features include customer relationship management (CRM), estimating, mobile time tracking, invoicing, purchasing, job costing, financials, and scheduling.
The CRM function of Aspire tracks all key customer interactions and integrates with Google tools and Outlook to manage tasks, appointments, and email correspondence. Create and manage tickets based on recurring maintenance and reported issues. Tickets let you monitor information such as budgets, schedules, hours used and remaining, materials, and revenue earned and invoiced on a job.
Aspire enables you to create a price catalog unique to your business, with listings for services and materials, which can then be used to automatically create estimates. Aspire also features a calendar with a drag-and-drop interface, which can be used to schedule tickets and services as well as automatically create recurring schedules.
Pros of Aspire Landscape Business Management Software
- Cloud-based, mobile-ready: Aspire is cloud-based and designed for mobile so information like contracts, client requests, scheduled services, purchases, and billing are available in real time from anywhere.
- End-to-end solution: Aspire keeps businesses running smoothly and profitably from initial estimate to final invoice, organizing all of your information in one place so no tasks go undone.
- Exceptional deployment, training, and support experience: For Aspire clients, deployment and training are as important as the software. An Aspire account manager “lives with you” during deployment. They set up your system and train your staff. Once deployed, you will use the AspireCare™ support system, where you can find answers online, talk to a live representative, or compare notes with other Aspire users.
- Scalable productivity tool: The Aspire system is a fully-supported scalable system that will grow with you, empower your staff to get more done in a day, and increase your bottom line.
Cons of Aspire Landscape Business Management Software
- Deployment time: Due to customization capabilities, deployment of the software does take time, which is why each client is accompanied by an implementation manager who walks the client through the process.
- Built for accrual accounting: Aspire is built for accrual accounting versus cash accounting, with the main goals of providing real-time visibility for job costing and managing all business functions above the gross margin line, including invoicing and purchasing.
Breakdown of core features
Deliver professional proposals at the right profit margin. The Aspire landscape estimating software system is integrated with CRM to provide a foolproof way of managing your prospecting, pricing, and selling efforts in one place and make the most of your opportunities.
Aspire enables you to stay on top of your jobs and reduce labor costs. Schedule tickets based on the estimates you win. Aspire tracks each ticket to ensure that every service goes on a schedule somewhere and notifying you if any doesn’t. Aspire supports multiple schedule boards by route or department manager. Simply drag and drop tickets onto the board to assign a service/job to a crew, resulting in better delivery and timeliness.
The invoicing feature ensures that you never miss a customer billing. The Invoicing Assistant is designed to show you what needs to be billed. You can set up the Assistant to report daily, weekly, or monthly by class of work like monthly contract, work in progress, time & material, or special snow billing. Snow invoicing can be set up to create invoices based on when you were on site and what was done on-site. You can link text and photos to the invoice if required.
Aspire’s reporting tool provides better information that results in better decisions and better margins. Manage your Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) every day, whether financial, sales, client satisfaction, job cost, labor, or work forecast. Click an icon to see your Executive Scorecard and use both Aspire standard reports as well as favorites that you create.
(Last updated on 10/28/2020 by Abby Dykes)