Your choice of SEO (search engine optimization) tool is essential to the success your business experiences in one of its most important channels. Any savvy marketer knows that not tapping into and optimizing organic traffic is akin to leaving dollars on the proverbial table. Of course, there’s so much more to the SEO channel than just organic.
Success in SEO can often come down to taking a deep dive into performance using a robust analytics tool that syncs up with your tech stack and business objectives. The usability, relevant insights, and compatibility with your marketing stack are all variables that will help business decision-makers in choosing which SEO tool is the best fit.
Inevitably, attention is turned toward a match-up between Ranktracker vs. Semrush. While both Ranktracker and Semrush are market leaders and offer a variety of in-depth features, the winner in the battle between Ranktracker and Semrush likely comes down to your business’s goals and unique needs.
In this article...
Ranktracker is a leading SEO tool with a robust suite of functionality that allows for ranking insights, keyword searches, SERP reviews, backlink monitoring, and website audits. Ranktracker offers complex reporting and an easy-to-use dashboard for visual layout of key SEO metrics.
There are a multitude of advantages Ranktracker has over Semrush. A few notable benefits include:
- Ranktracker features the ability to keep track of the performance and progress of your competitive SEO strategies by:
- Pulling real-time data from the web by scraping search results;
- Tracking rank from almost all of the search engines and locations globally; and
- Filtering and sorting tools for customized and robust data analysis that allows for accurate decision-making.
- Ranktracker also allows for deep insights into how your brand is performing in SEO through:
- User-friendly reporting that allows businesses to determine which web pages are ranking high on the SERPs and for which keywords; and
- Visual representation of ranking history.
No SEO is a one-size-fits-all option. And there are some disadvantages of Ranktracker that should be considered, such as:
- Many of the functionalities that could be automated are not.
- If you are a beginner at the SEO analytics game, understanding the tracking tool could come with a learning curve.
- The data feed allows for only one client at a time.
Pricing of Ranktracker
Of course, budget comes into play when considering any technology to add to your marketing stack, and Ranktracker has a few tiers to consider all based on the amount of usage you need. The plans, titled Starter, Double Data, Quad Data, and Hex Data, range from $14 per month to $167 per month.
Semrush promotes access to over 22 billion keywords for 130 countries, providing in-depth website audits as well as the ability to analyze content to increase search rankings. This dynamic tool also allows for monitoring competitor websites, launching and monitoring PPC (pay-per-click) and social media campaigns, and lots of reporting capabilities.
Semrush did not rise to the ranks of a leading SEO tool without an array of advantages to offer. Some of the advantages you can experience while using Semrush include:
- The friendly interface allows for ease of managing and monitoring organic rankings.
- The PPC module allows users to easily create result-oriented, data-driven PPC campaigns.
- Content audit tools help optimize the use of content and know what is performing, what isn’t, and where content gaps exist that need to be filled.
- Robust and easy-to-use reporting helps to make accurate decisions with a low learning curve.
- The social media suite allows for the tracking and analyzing of social media for a holistic view of online presence.
While Semrush is a popular tool, there are some user-reported disadvantages to take into consideration, such as:
- Insights are limited to Google, which can be too shortsighted, especially for global and B2B-focused companies.
- Semrush comes with a bigger price tag than other SEO tools. This is likely attributed to its depth of functionality, but some of the bells and whistles may not be needed.
- Some users have reported that the interface is not responsive and that use of the tool on mobile is less than optimized.
Pricing of Semrush
Semrush comes with a seven-day free trial. Beyond that, they offer a three-tiered pricing plan — Pro, Guru, and Business. These plans range from $120 per month to $450 per month, with an additional option to create a customized plan that can cater to the large corporation’s needs.
Choosing Between Ranktracker and Semrush
Deciding which SEO tool is best for your business is no easy task. Both Ranktracker and Semrush are popular choices that lead the marketplace. There are significant differentiators that should help your business come to a clear decision, depending on factors like functionality needs, budgets, and unique business parameters.