If you’re ramping up your inbound marketing strategy, chances are you’re considering writing a white paper.
White papers are valuable additions to any company’s inbound efforts. They educate your potential customers so they can purchase with confidence. They build your credibility and help establish you as a thought leader. They can also provide you with leads, as most companies gate white papers behind lead forms.
But what is a white paper, anyway, and how do you write one? A quick Google search doesn’t provide many concrete answers—in fact, it turns out the definition of “white paper” itself is a bit slippery.
We’ve been there, too. But after many years of writing white papers ourselves and learning lessons the hard way, we’ve found what we believe is the best approach to writing white papers. We put all this information together as a white paper template with helpful tips, which you can download below. Did we mention it’s free?
Writing makes you want to scream? Put the content team from TechnologyAdvice to work for your company.
We write all day, everyday. Well, at least for eight hours a day, five days a week. Writing content is our thing, and we’d be delighted to help with your next content project.
Contact us today or visit our content services page to learn more. We’re looking forward to learning more about how we can help with your content needs.
Get your free white paper template here:
- White Paper Template For Microsoft Word (.docx)
- White Paper Template For Google Docs (After opening, click “File” > “Make a copy,” and save to your Google Drive account. If you don’t see the option to make a copy, sign into your Google account and try again.)
While you’re at it, check out these other resources from our site to guide you along.
- How To Write White Paper Titles That Work, According To Scientists And News Editors (article)
- To Gate or Not to Gate: Which is Best for B2B Content? (article)
- Three of the Biggest Mistakes to Avoid When Creating White Papers (white paper)