This video highlights the simplicity to reorganize your data with the paste special and transpose feature in Excel.
When do you use this technique?
- Your data doesn’t appear to be organized logically
- To make data easier to read
- To change data from rows to columns
- If you are to generate a graph with the data and realize the X and Y axis should be switched
The process is simple:
- Highlight the desired data to transpose.
- Right-click and copy data
- Right click on a new cell below the data already listed where you wish to have the transposed data located
- Hover cursor over paste special
- Select transpose from the dropdown menu
And voila! The data is now transposed and ready for you to do with it as you wish.
Check out Technology Advice’s Youtube channel and subscribe for more Excel tricks and future videos to come!
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel for more tutorials.