Get Your Geek On at PluralSight LIVE!
(Oh, and Did We Mention That Malala is Coming?!)
Are you ready to be on the cutting edge with emerging technologies, level up your leadership and elevate your business strategies, all while gaining deep inspo from some of the world’s top innovators and motivational speakers?
Pluralsight LIVE 2018, an epic gathering of industry experts, business leaders and change makers, is right around the corner – the second annual conference will take place August 28-30, 2018 at the Grand America Hotel in beautiful Salt Lake City, Utah.
As a conference attendee, you will gain deep insight from a spectacular lineup of visionaries – including keynote speaker, international bestselling author and activist Malala Yousafzai, the youngest recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize.
At Pluralsight LIVE, you also have the chance to network with leading businesses, party with the X Ambassadors and get firsthand exposure to the hottest emerging technologies and insights into short- and long-term trends shaping the industry – think AI, machine learning, IoT and adaptive security.
Meet up for networking and a free recharge at the TechnologyAdvice coffee bar all through the event.
Agenda Tuesday, August 28-Thursday, August 30
Tuesday: Registration, Breakouts, Welcome Reception at 5 p.m. and Kickoff Party at 8 p.m. Don’t miss these sessions:
- The State of Modern Web Development panel with Deborah Kurata, Hampton Paulk and Joe Eames
- Power BI: Is It Right For You? presented by Eugene Meidinger, All Lines Technology
- The Intersection of Computer Vision and Machine Learning presented by Kesha Williams, Chick-Fil-A
Wednesday: Breakfast and Registration, General Session, Breakouts, Happy Hour at 5 p.m. and Live Party/Concert by the popular, up-and-coming band, the “Bleachers” at 8 p.m. Check out these sessions:
- Unmask Secrets of Your Business With Event Storming presented by Julie Lerman, Microsoft MVP
- Better Every Day: Building a Learning Culture at Target presented by Joel Crabb, Target Corp
- How to Learn Salesforce and Make $150,000+ Per Year presented by David Liu, Google
- Making An Impact With Data presented by Adam Crahen, Curtis Harris, Michael Mixon and Lilach Manheim
Thursday: Breakfast, General Session, Breakouts, Lunch, Breakouts. Don’t miss these sessions:
- From One Release Per Quarter to 30 Times a Day, presented by Marcel de Vries, Xpirit
- The Inevitable Blockchain Panel Session presented by Dan Appleman, Michael Perry, Abe Burnett, Ed Curren and David Rainey
- Why Containers Will Take Over the World presented by Elton Stoneman, Docker, Inc.
Pluralsight LIVE 2018 Featured Speakers
- Thomas Kurian, President of Product Development, Oracle, is responsible for leading software development and transitioning the company’s technology to Oracle Cloud.
- Ben Galbraith, Senior Director, Google, is a tech entrepreneur, investor and works on Chrome and the Web at Google.
- Dion Almaer, Director of Engineering, Google, is currently leading the pan-Google DevRel teams in the Developer Products Group, including the central infrastructure and programs to ensure developers are successful with Google.
- Jaime Teevan, Technical Advisor to the CEO, Microsoft, is responsible for helping Satya Nadella formulate technical strategy and developing in-depth solutions to specific technical challenges.
- Scott Dorsey, Managing Partner, High Alpha, a leading venture studio that launches, scales and invests in enterprise cloud companies.
- Jeff Sandquist, General Manager of Cloud + AI Developer Relations, Microsoft, leads the team reinventing Microsoft’s relationship with software developers around the globe.
- Cathy O’Neil, Author of the New York Times bestselling book, Weapons of Math Destruction, is a data scientist and mathematician.
- KarenAnn Terrell, Chief Digital & Technology Officer, GSK, is responsible for GSK’s digital, data and analytics strategy.
- Cyril Perducat, EVP IoT & Digital Offers, Schneider Electric, focuses on innovating new digitally enabled, connected offers that help customers be more efficient and sustainable.
- Hadi Partovi, CEO, Code.org, is a tech entrepreneur and investor, as well as the CEO of the education non-profit that establishes computer science classes in 20 percent of U.S. classrooms, reaching over 100 million students.
In between all the learning, you also will get some serious face time with hundreds of world-renowned technologists, build learning strategies that enable your company to align skill development to key objectives and evolve your business at scale, and rub shoulders with new vendors that can take your organization to the next level.
There’s Still Time to Enter the ‘Create the Future’ Awards
During this year’s conference, Pluralsight LIVE organizers will be searching for tech’s best-kept secrets.
If you have a startup, side hustle or innovative product to share with the world, the Create the Future Awards will give you the exposure you need (and some serious cash) to grow your business.
Apply before August 1 for a shot at $50,000 and a trip to the conference in Salt Lake City, where you will pitch your idea on Wednesday, August 29 to a large group of tech experts, potential investors and more.
Carve Out Time to Discover Utah During Your Stay
From the towering snow-capped peaks of the Wasatch Mountains to the red rock desert spires of Moab, the Grand America Hotel is less than one hour’s drive from amazing biking, hiking, golfing, rock climbing, fishing, and more. Nearby attractions include Park City, Arches National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park, Zion National Park, Snowbird and much more.
There is also plenty to do in the Salt Lake City area, including various art exhibits, performance centers, fantastic dining opportunities and countless family-friendly activities.
Why Wait? Book Your Spot Now! (free tickets)
Space for Pluralsight LIVE 2018 is limited. Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in this exclusive gathering of technology’s greatest minds. Advanced pricing ends August 1. We are fortunate to have free tickets to the event. Email us and state why you should go and what you are most excited about.
To register, or for details, visit PluralSight LIVE! today.
Lisa C. Dunn is a writer for TechnologyAdvice and a freelance writer, copywriter and ghostwriter who develops high-quality content for businesses and non-profit organizations. For over 20 years, she has worked with numerous PR and digital marketing agencies, and her work has been featured in well-known publications including Forbes, VentureBeat, Mashable, Huffington Post, Wired, B2C, USA Today, among others.