Have you ever been using Excel and found yourself faced with the unfortunate dilemma of calculating numbers by hand or hassling with formulas? Enter subtotals. Subtotals is a fantastic way to automatically calculate information without the mess of formulas. As the name implies, it’s especially great for situations where you need to know subtotals based on category or time. Check out the video below!
Just to recap:
1. Make sure your data is correctly organized.
2. Click anywhere in the worksheet and select Subtotals from the data menu.
3. Select the proper category and function.
4. Click OK and subtotals will appear for each category.
5. The + and – signs allows you to hide the individual entries.
Hope you enjoyed this Excel trick! Subscribe to the TechnologyAdvice Youtube Channel to check out other great tips and time-savers!